should I stay in my school for post-bac or go to other school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h061890

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently attending Washington University in St.Louis as an undergraduate student.
I decided to go for the dental school lately, so I haven't taken alot of pre-requisite courses for dental school. I've only taken general chemistry1,2 and Physics 1,2 including labs for both.

I kind of moved around my majors, and now I will be graduating as math degree next May.
I won't be able to have enough time to take pre-requisite courses until I graduate.
So I want to take more classes I needed for dental school after graduate from Washu.

Washu is very famous for science courses, but it's very hard to get a good grade here.
And I don't want to stay another two years here in Washu to take more courses.

I thought of going to other school where it is relatively easier to get a high grade.
Should I stay in Washu and take more classes like principles of bio and organic chemistry? or Should I go to other school to take those classes where I can relatively get higher grade?
Would dental school see differently if I take more classes elsewhere?
If taking classes at elsewhere will be treated the same as taking them in Washu,
then what would be the good schools for me to take more classes?

Moreover,
As I researched, there are post-bacc and non-degree programs.
But, I am not sure what the differences are between those two.
Post-bacc program requires certain credits I have to fulfill, but
I just want to take pre-requisite courses and then apply.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with post-bacc from what I've seen on the forum but I'm far from an expert.

Which school are you considering taking your classes at?
I think you should just go to one that is both easier and cheaper
and that way it's more justifiable to an admissions committee and also to yourself.
Just don't go to one that is markedly worse and of course avoid cc at all costs.