Should I still apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tosh15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just finished my junior year and am currently working on my VMCAS. I'm having some serious self doubt and unsure of whether I should even apply this year. Here are my stats:

Major: Animal Science
GPA : 3.86

Animal experience
Clinical hours: 165 hrs
Non-clinical: 650 hrs

GRE
Verbal: 154
Quant. 156
Analytical writing: 3.0 --- 15th percentile!!! :( :( :(
**I have no idea why I performed so horribly on the essay - In high school I passed both the AP composition and AP literature tests and I scored in the 90th percentile when I took the ACT. My freshman year of undergrad my writing professor approached me and tried to convince me to switch my major to writing or journalism. Hopefully my GRE score was therefore the result of some external factor, and my personal statement will be pretty well-written.

My letters of recommendation will probably be average, nothing spectacular.

Although I have the grades, I'm terrified that my GRE scores and lack of hours will severely hurt me on my application. Should I still apply this year? Is it worth it? All advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Put your stats over in the "What Are My Chances" thread stickied to the top of the forum, there's a bunch of people there that can give you advice

Thanks! I'm new here, still learning how it works :)

Don't worry about it! And welcome to SDN! There's also a bunch of threads for the potential class of 2019 and for each of the schools. And the werewolf games are always a good pasttime :)