should I stretch my last semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EatEmUpTigers000000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of a strange question but I'm honestly confused about what my course of action should be here.

So, I plan on graduating after the fall semester of 2015 (one semester after I planned on graduating, not a big deal). I'm applying to dental school the summer before, so I will find out December '15 if I'm accepted.

My question is this: Do you think I should try to take some more classes/stretch out that last semester so that I graduate in the spring of '15? The reason I ask this is because what if I graduate in December and then discover that I didn't make it into any schools? My next course of action would be to obviously try to raise my GPA (currently a 3.35 with a bit lower science gpa), but I would have to enroll in a post-bac program to do so. I'd much rather just try to graduate in the spring of 2016 so if I wind up with no offers I can bust my ass that spring to really bump up my gpa for the next cycle.

Is this a smart idea? Does anyone have a better idea? Kind of confused at the moment.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you found out you weren't accepted in December (but had already graduated), couldn't you just sign up to take more courses as a non-degree-seeking student in the spring semester?

If you found out you weren't accepted in December (but had already graduated), couldn't you just sign up to take more courses as a non-degree-seeking student in the spring semester?

I wasn't aware I could do this, but maybe I could! I guess this is something I really have to bring up to a counselor or something to be positive. Thanks!