Should I take MCAT in 2013 january or 2013 april?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brood910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am planning to take MCAT in 2013 April, but it seems like I might burn out..
I chose to do this because I am currently a full-time student with volunteering + researches. However, what I am worried about is that the spring semester will be even busier so I might not have enough time to review what I have gone thru. Do you guys think I should just study to death for this semester and take MCAT in January? Or should I continue my current plan to take it in April?

I have been reading Kaplan books for a few days now, and things are just coming back into my head.. maybe because I aced in my classes 1-2 years ago.

Also, I will have a 3-4 weeks long winter vacation starting in December till the end of January, so I might have a lot of time to study..

Please tell me what you would do if you were in my situation.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hmm ok. Well although I don't think studying for the MCAT while in school is a great idea, if you have no choice then the 3-4 week break in Dec makes me lean towards a Jan MCAT date. You really want to have a month to fully devote to the MCAT.