Should I take psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

philosonista

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, SDN --

To the extent that you're all familiar with the 2015 MCAT, how important is it that one take Introductory Psychology?

Members don't see this ad.

I took MCAT in June 2013 when they were running trial social sciences section. Though I am uncertain how much the trial section reflects the the actual one, the passages and the questions had very specific concepts from introductory psychology (e.g. Piaget's Stages of Development, Young-Helmholz Theory, just off the top of my head). If you have zero background in social sciences, you will likely need considerably longer time in preparing for this section since the concepts will be very foreign to you. You may want to pick up a few preparatory books to see if you could self-study.

Reactions: 1 user
I took MCAT in June 2013 when they were running trial social sciences section. Though I am uncertain how much the trial section reflects the the actual one, the passages and the questions had very specific concepts from introductory psychology (e.g. Piaget's Stages of Development, Young-Helmholz Theory, just off the top of my head). If you have zero background in social sciences, you will likely need considerably longer time in preparing for this section since the concepts will be very foreign to you. You may want to pick up a few preparatory books to see if you could self-study.

Thank you!!!! I really appreciate the response!