Should I take the MCAT 2014/2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phikapdoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have currently only taken bio 1/2 and chem 1. Next semester I will take chem 2 and finish random perquisites for my community college( e.g. Sociology, Calc, public speaking). I will then transfer to the 4 year university and take physics, ochem, and Calc 2. After that I think psychics ochem and genetics. Should I be cramming all my perquisites and then take the MCAT over the summer, or should I just wait for the MCAT 2015?
Also I would not have taken biochem by the time I take the MCAT. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have currently only taken bio 1/2 and chem 1. Next semester I will take chem 2 and finish random perquisites for my community college( e.g. Sociology, Calc, public speaking). I will then transfer to the 4 year university and take physics, ochem, and Calc 2. After that I think psychics ochem and genetics. Should I be cramming all my perquisites and then take the MCAT over the summer, or should I just wait for the MCAT 2015?
Also I would not have taken biochem by the time I take the MCAT. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Don't cram, unless you really want to. Take 2015 MCAT.

Guess SDN app doesn't have a good search function then.

It doesn't.

I'm taking mine the summer before my junior year (2014). I plan to take chem 1 and 2, bio 1, and calc 1 and 2 this year, and Organic 1 and 2, bio 2, quant chem 1, and physics 1 and 2 next year with some other random classes. Nay sayers gonna nay say.

It doesn't.

I'm taking mine the summer before my junior year (2014). I plan to take chem 1 and 2, bio 1, and calc 1 and 2 this year, and Organic 1 and 2, bio 2, quant chem 1, and physics 1 and 2 next year with some other random classes. Nay sayers gonna nay say.

You could cram if you want to and wreck the MCAT. That's a bit ambitious, but feel free to do if you wanted to. Just gave my 2 cents.

Would this be considered cramming: bio 1 and 2, physics 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2 and english 1 this year, organic 1 and 2, physiology, biochem and maybe genetics next year (along with a few biomed eng intro courses)?

Would this be considered cramming: bio 1 and 2, physics 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2 and english 1 this year, organic 1 and 2, physiology, biochem and maybe genetics next year (along with a few biomed eng intro courses)?

That looks pretty manageable. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mess with the 2015 MCAT...

Bump

I wouldn't mess with the 2015 MCAT...

Med schools make be forgiving with the scores that don't reflect what has been done in the past, VR, PS, BS, since there won't be any average over many, many years of students taking it to go off of. Unless you do really terrible, I wouldn't sweat the 2015, especially if you're taking it the year it's released. I wouldn't take the 2015 MCAT without biochem. Just keep that in thought!

Med schools make be forgiving with the scores that don't reflect what has been done in the past, VR, PS, BS, since there won't be any average over many, many years of students taking it to go off of. Unless you do really terrible, I wouldn't sweat the 2015, especially if you're taking it the year it's released. I wouldn't take the 2015 MCAT without biochem. Just keep that in thought!
Totally agree with this statement. But still, just to play it safe....I just wouldn't take it. I would take the one thats out now since it has programs developed around the test itself. With the new one, you dont know how that might go. They might be more skeptical of the scores making it even more harder to get into medical school (like its not hard enough)...who knows?