Should I write this for a pending publication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterFutu

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I write I co-authored the paper, "..."
Or should I write, I am a co-author for the paper, "..."

In context, I did not write up any of the manuscript and did the grunt, research technician work. I did collaborate with the team and helped analyzed our project.

I'm concerned that during the interview, if adcoms question me about this, they might be offended if I wrote I co-authored the paper instead of I am a co-author because they will know I did not do the harder part which is critically thinking and writing up the manuscript.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Neither one implies that you wrote the manuscript. Co-authors are contributors to the research. I guess the second phrasing makes that more clear but I doubt anyone reading your application will be confused by this.

Reactions: 2 users
Should I write I co-authored the paper, "..."
Or should I write, I am a co-author for the paper, "..."

In context, I did not write up any of the manuscript and did the grunt, research technician work. I did collaborate with the team and helped analyzed our project.

I'm concerned that during the interview, if adcoms question me about this, they might be offended if I wrote I co-authored the paper instead of I am a co-author because they will know I did not do the harder part which is critically thinking and writing up the manuscript.

Thank you in advance.
Why not be up front and state your place on the author's list? The citation will reveal this anyway.