Should someone with a sub-par GPA delay UG graduation even after alot of credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rebeldocs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I qualify as a non-trad or not. Stats are 3.2 both science and overall with a 27 MCAT and very good ECs. Huge upper trend. Around 140 total credits so far. I am a senior with a biology major and will finish up my degree next semester. I am currently applying this cycle for medical school and wondering if I should graduate or not should I need to reapply if I dont have any luck. 15 DO schools (most submitted/complete) and 4 in state M.D. schools (not yet submitted completed). My question is should I graduate and start over or delay graduation and retake some classes while still in UG.. or ami able to do them after graduation as post-bacc at a CC. Also, SMP vs Master vs Biomedical program.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and graduate. Your numbers are fine for most DO programs, but not very competitive for MD schools. A 27 MCAT is circling the drain.

Not sure if I qualify as a non-trad or not. Stats are 3.2 both science and overall with a 27 MCAT and very good ECs. Huge upper trend. Around 140 total credits so far. I am a senior with a biology major and will finish up my degree next semester. I am currently applying this cycle for medical school and wondering if I should graduate or not should I need to reapply if I dont have any luck. 15 DO schools (most submitted/complete) and 4 in state M.D. schools (not yet submitted completed). My question is should I graduate and start over or delay graduation and retake some classes while still in UG.. or ami able to do them after graduation as post-bacc at a CC. Also, SMP vs Master vs Biomedical program.

Thanks!

Go ahead and graduate. Your numbers are fine for most DO programs, but not very competitive for MD schools. A 27 MCAT is circling the drain.

Thank you Goro. Your advice is very much appreciated.