Silly photo question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mik30102

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, if a school mentioned to bring a passport size portrait and I brought a wallet size instead would this be a big deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question, if a school mentioned to bring a passport size portrait and I brought a wallet size instead would this be a big deal?

They are about the same size and that will be just fine, I'm sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Something tells me they're talking about photo quality (background, squared shoulders, distance from camera, etc), not the size. But I could be wrong.

I believe passport size is 2×2 in.
You can have photos like this done at the drugstore (mine is Walgreen for example)

Who uses paper photos?!

O I wasent going to bring them on computer paper. Im asking since I need 5 for schools with my name and amcas written on them, and walgreens charges 12 for 2 passport size photos (so 36 for what I need). Alternatively I can get 9 wallets for 4 and change. I would prefer not paying so much a photo if its not a big deal :p

O I wasent going to bring them on computer paper. Im asking since I need 5 for schools with my name and amcas written on them, and walgreens charges 12 for 2 passport size photos (so 36 for what I need). Alternatively I can get 9 wallets for 4 and change. I would prefer not paying so much a photo if its not a big deal :p
So they are asking for non-electronic, physical photos!

I had to bring passport photos for an interview, and here's what I did for cheap - because a lot of places charge an exorbitant amount for passport photos!

1.) Find a good, professional picture of yourself (any size).
2.) Use a 2x2 cropper online website (there's a bunch on google - but here is one for easy access: http://www.idphoto4you.com/)
3.) Follow the directions to crop your head to a 2x2 size.
4.) Open up photoshop. Select 4x6 inch template.
5.) Paste the 2x2 photo on the 4x6 inch template - you can paste in 2-3 of the 2x2 photo on ONE 4x6 inch template.

6.) Develop the 4x6inch (however many copies you want) at Walgreens/Walmart - they usually charge $0.10 - $0.25 for 4x6 photos...which means if you put 3 of your 2x2's on ONE 4x6 photos, you get 3 "passport photos" for only max of 25 CENTS!!!
7.) Cut out the 2x2 photos - voila! Passport photo!

Better than $12 for 2 passport photos. :)

Edit: Noticed that the website I provided (http://www.idphoto4you.com/) already paste the six 2x2 photos onto a 4x6 template, so no photoshop needed. Just develop the 4x6 they give you at Walmart/Walgreens.

Last edited:

I've had two interviews where I was asked to bring in a hard copy photo of myself to be attached to my file.

A lot of schools ask for hard copies of the photos. I think I had to send in or bring photos to about half of my interviews, my school included.

A lot of schools ask for hard copies of the photos. I think I had to send in or bring photos to about half of my interviews, my school included.
Seems so...old-fashioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users