Sint Eustatius

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oudoc08

Please pass the gas...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know any thing about the Medical School at Sint Eustatius ie is it accreditted with the U.S.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Cuts on SDN went there. He will tell you to go to St Georges instead. :)

Different strokes for different folks. Others may not like St. Eustatius, but many of us feel that it is the best kept secret in the caribbean.

If you really want to know the scoop on any school, you must spend the money and visit it yourself. Otherwise all your getting is biased opions and individual experiences that can only be applied to that person, and as a rule, are not applicable towards generalalities of the institution as a whole.

Nadine

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Cuts said:
No, I say go to a US school instead. If for some reason you can't, then I would recommend going to 1) SGU, 2) Ross, and 3) AUC. It would be very foolish to go to St. Eustatius, SABA, St. Barnabas, St. Patrick, St. Peters, St. James, St. Tom, St. Dick, or St. Harry if you could get into one of those 3 instead.
I don't know what your problem is with Saba, since you've probably never been there, right? Perhaps you've seen the outside of the AUC building at best.
The list of residents on Saba's website looks fine to me.

Why don't you tell us all what you think is wrong with Saba? At least if you'd seen the place you might know a little something about it. If you do know something about it that we don't know, please share, Dr. Cuts. Tell us what your problem is with Saba. Until you can give a rational argument against Saba, I'm not listening.

Hey Dr. Cuts, and Wolfvgang, come on dudes......Where is the the "good old southern hospitality"?........You are both from the Free Lone Star State of Texas, for crying out loud!!!.....You Do not want to get Texas mad now, do ya?....come on....shake hands like good-ol southern boys. :thumbup:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA :clap:

Let me please help end it right here. Thanks.

Cuts did not spend any time in the caribbean, so I don't think that he is the best judge of schools down there. And Cuts..........just because you got into what is probably the least competetive radiology program in the nation does not give you the right to become arrogant.

I am a saba grad. I have classmates in my residency who went to SGU, AUC and Ross. We all ended up in the same place with similar stats. I'd say that Saba is as good as any of the "big three". In fact, I'd say that the education is better than that of AUC. In general, Saba students have to study a bit harder to pass [mainly because all your classmates (or competition) have nothing else to do but study]My friend from AUC agrees as well.

Yes, as Cuts knows I applied to radiology and got denied. Looking back though..........I'm not sure I would change things the way they are. I've spend three years at a the University of Hawaii which has got to be one of the cushiest internal medicine programs in the country and next June I'll be off to Miami to do anesthesia.

While I think that I would make a good radiologist, I think that I will be an even better anesthesiologist. Don't get me wrong, radiology is sweet, but I think that my personal skill set is better suited towards doing anesthesia. Job offers and money is good in anesthesia. Tons of anesthesia opportunities here in Hawaii.

So, all in all, life is good.

Best of luck to everyone out there, especially all the caribbean grads. We've got to stick together. Remember that Cuts................we're in it together regardless. Best of luck.

Man,

This fighting is sad.

visiting to the school will tell you somethings but, but probably not a lot of what you need to know. you must assess the following
1)board pass rate
2) % who make it to the board with their class (ie dont decel or drop out or fail)
3)can you get licensed from that school in the state you are likely to want?
4) what sort of residencies do their grads get? how competitive? How wide spread?
5)then consider cost, living etc. If you want FP your options are wider than if you want say surgery or radiology.
you dont have to go to a school to make an intelligent assessment of it. However anyone who tells you that they can detail things about a school they never attending is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hey lets not diss LSUHSC-S here.................................. I work in the Department of Cellular Physiology........ things go down here that scientists in not only other parts of the United States, but from the entire world wish could be done in their respective labratories......... We just had a group of people from John Hopkins visiting us the other day and they were pretty amazed with what we HAVE acomplished, and what we are planning on doing in the future.

HussainGQ said:
Hey lets not diss LSUHSC-S here.................................. I work in the Department of Cellular Physiology........ things go down here that scientists in not only other parts of the United States, but from the entire world wish could be done in their respective labratories......... We just had a group of people from John Hopkins visiting us the other day and they were pretty amazed with what we HAVE acomplished, and what we are planning on doing in the future.

Quite Amazing. I commend you.