Site to learn ultrasound?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herewego

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY1 here, have a little break before my US rotation. I havent had much experience in US during med school so I feel like I should read up a bit while on the rotation. Anyone have good resources for US technique and images? I'm more a visual learner so videos/pictures of the orientation of the probe etc would be helpful. I've tried sonoguide site but it wasn't as helpful as I thought it would be. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Typo in my original email, meant to say sonoguide site instead of sono site. I didn't find that site as helpful as I had hoped.

Members don't see this ad :)
One minute ultrasound iPhone app, by the US podcast guys (Mike and Matt) mentioned above. Use that with scanning pt's for every marginal indication you can find.

Edit: Also add another I picked up to recently to give a full endorsement, but I've been told is amazing, is the SonoSupport app, also in iTunes app store.

Last edited:
thanks for all the suggestions

Download the Ohio State POC ultrasound app (iOS, not sure about android). It's really, really good when you are starting out. I'm also a PGY-1 and used it all the time during my ultrasound block. super helpful!

Also, youtube.com There are lots of ultrasound tutorials there.