SIU DENTAL SCHOOL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Struggle2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received Interview Invite from SIU Dental School

Members don't see this ad.

Have they started sending out invites? When is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone call up the school? When will the invites be sent?

i heard few ppl got invites already for aug...they are very selective i guess and very few ppl get thru...i heard their bench test is 2 days can someone confirm plz

frnd sayz that abt 20-30 odd total ppl have been invited for 2 batches it seemz...its a 2 day interview...doz anyone know if they will invite more or have more batches? no invite for me yet :(

Anyone else can please reconfirm if the invites have been sent

Hi there. I got an invite today from SIC for 9-10 sep,which they say is 1st batch. Is there any other batch announced?

Someone mentioned tht they got an interview for Aug 26-27

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Indian Dent...... Congratulations on the invitation. Would u mind sharing ur stats

Thnx. 10+ exp back in my country, masters health management and adm, 9 months observership, 5 months volunteer, few camps and conf here in US, publications, perceptorship and 3.47 gpa,102 toefl nd joined research work a month back.

Reactions: 1 users
Wonderful.... goes without saying that u deserved it... all the best... ul get admission too.... Thank you so much

Reactions: 1 user
Thnx. 10+ exp back in my country, masters health management and adm, 9 months observership, 5 months volunteer, few camps and conf here in US, publications, perceptorship and 3.47 gpa,102 toefl nd joined research work a month back.
Hey could you share some info on volunteering work. I want to try

Hey could you share some info on volunteering work. I want to try
Hi. Look for some volunteer openings in ur community. It can be both dental or non dental. Like i did volunteer for some dental camps,but my main volunteer exp is in working vth alzheimerz patients in senior living home.

This quest cud b inappropriate for this thread bt... I need urgent advice....
There's r preceptorship course for 1 month in Boston, pre doctoral - pre clinical... worth USD 3500....I am planning to avail...wil dis course strengthen ma resume, it is worth?

This quest cud b inappropriate for this thread bt... I need urgent advice....
There's r preceptorship course for 1 month in Boston, pre doctoral - pre clinical... worth USD 3500....I am planning to avail...wil dis course strengthen ma resume, it is worth?
I m working on patients here. Check if u il get to do dat..else its too much money for a month.

No patient exposure.... its al Pre clinical....ya it's way too much for jst 1 month. ... bt since apart from observerships I have no other US experience nd as per need of the hour nd no other course available, I was planning to tk it.... its on visitor visa so... m really confused....

Those who had an interview today and yesterday, can you please share your experience. What was asked in bench exam and interview questions? How long was the bench and interview and how was the atmosphere?
Thank you in advance for the feedback

Hi..Those who are done with SIU interview,,how was it?
Wat was the schedule for 2 days?

@Indian Dent do you know what they asked for bench exam? Are they inviting more people for interview?
@keep the faith : Did you get any info on what they ask for bench test.
Appreciate feedback from people who already interviewedd.

@Indian Dent do you know what they asked for bench exam? Are they inviting more people for interview?
@keep the faith : Did you get any info on what they ask for bench test.
Appreciate feedback from people who already interviewedd.
My interview is on 9-10 sep. I think they r done vth invites. They mentioned few excercises in the manual nd dey il choose from them for that day.
Bridge prep, class 2,class 3 cutting nd restoration,rpd design,endo prep,temp crown nd written exam on treatment planning/ dental philosophy monologue.

@Indian Dent thank you for replying. It's a good amount of procedures for the exam? Are you taking any course for the preparation and What do you mean by dental philosophy monologue? Can you explain in short? Thank you in advance

@Indian Dent thank you for replying. It's a good amount of procedures for the exam? Are you taking any course for the preparation and What do you mean by dental philosophy monologue? Can you explain in short? Thank you in advance
I am doing perceptorship right nw,,so can just practice in college only for 1.5 hrz 5 days a week for preps. Nd regarding rpd design nd stuff i am taking help vth other doc in college. Nd my HOD explained,wat is a dental philosophy monologue nd told me write abt it,which he den corrected.
Its basically comparison of wat we did in our country,how its done here,and concluding with how will u go abt it.

ne newz frm first 2 batches? any acceptances sent?

it seems one acceptance was sent from first batch, not sure of the second batch.

3 ppl got accepted in siu..i heard they have 6 seats...please update if anyone knows status

ok i guess they slcted 2 then frm 1 btch alrdy do you knw which batch they have selected 2 frm

@Indian Dent during the interview on sept 9-10 did they mention that they have selected 2 from the second batch? Thanks.
In the evening when they took us for dinner,,Dr. Ketteman said they had sent 3 acceptances already..i m not sure which batch had 2..my only guess is most likely ist batch,as he did seem disappointed from d 2nd batch..dats d impression i had from the conversations we had dat day..i might b wrong..but 4 r gone 4 sure.