SIUE Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p0lo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did a search and there was no thread for this school for the class of 2017 so here we go.

Anybody applying to SIUE ?

Members don't see this ad.

Im applying. My Pharmcas finally got verified on 11/15 and I sent my supplemental application in a few weeks ago. Kinda worried I applied so late considering the deadline is Dec 1st :(

My stats if youre curious.
3.44 GPA
61 PCAT

Ill update my application status when I hear back...

Im applying. My Pharmcas finally got verified on 11/15 and I sent my supplemental application in a few weeks ago. Kinda worried I applied so late considering the deadline is Dec 1st :(

My stats if youre curious.
3.44 GPA
61 PCAT

Ill update my application status when I hear back...

You will be fine. SIUE does not have rolling admissions so it does not matter how early or late you submit, just make it before the deadline.

Admission timeline if someone is interested:

January---------Notification of interview status
February 1-----Deadline for submission of fall transcripts to PharmCAS. Remember to update your PharmCAS academic profile.
February--------Interviews
March------------Notification of admissions decisions

I did get an email stating that my application is complete and waiting is just killing me now :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you an Illinois resident? How many schools are you applying to?

Are you an Illinois resident? How many schools are you applying to?

Applied to three schools and yes I am, however I am not from south. Don't know if that makes a difference though.
What about you?

Applied to three schools and yes I am, however I am not from south. Don't know if that makes a difference though.
What about you?

Nope. Im from Saint Louis. I know Illinois residents have an advantage over out of staters so thats going to suck.

Im applying to 6 schools total. Stlcop, SIUE, midwestern, uic, rosaland franklin and chicago state. Just finished my supplemental at UIC today.

Best of luck to you! Keep me updated! :)

Need to decide whether or not I will even go to SIUE interview if they do offer me one.

Midwestern University vs. SIUE....GO

Nope. Im from Saint Louis. I know Illinois residents have an advantage over out of staters so thats going to suck.

Im applying to 6 schools total. Stlcop, SIUE, midwestern, uic, rosaland franklin and chicago state. Just finished my supplemental at UIC today.

Best of luck to you! Keep me updated! :)

Im applying to RFU and UIC as well, but Rockford campus only. Thanks as good luck too!

Need to decide whether or not I will even go to SIUE interview if they do offer me one.

Midwestern University vs. SIUE....GO

I would say Midwestern, but SIUE is cheaper so thats a tough one.

For me, whichever is closest to home which is SIUE. How did you like midwestern? Have you visited SIUE yet?

For me, whichever is closest to home which is SIUE. How did you like midwestern? Have you visited SIUE yet?

Personally didn't care for Midwestern when I interviewed!! Large class sizes and a lot of courses with med students and other medical professions so like 700 person lectures for the first two years!! I have been drawn to the programs with smaller class sizes but that's just my opinion! :) I haven't visited or interviewed at SIUE yet so I don't really have an opinion yet!

Midwestern is a great school and is well respected in the midwest. I the two top schools would be UIC and Midwestern that are located in Illinois. I believe SIUE is getting there but they are relatively new but have established themselves compared to the new schools that have just opened up. Facilities at Midwestern are nice they are building a new auditorium for pharm and med students i believe and a clinic for dental school. The security is a little over the top in my opinion which could probably cut down on tuition...but oh well. I was accepted to Midwestern and Rosalind Franklin so far....and Midwestern was a no brainer.

I am a prepharm student at SIUE, so feel free to ask about specifics. I'll give a brief review: It's a beautiful campus, is gaining a good reputation in the area, and is a very student-centered program with smaller class sizes. However, SIUE is located about 20 miles from downtown St. Louis (with nothing really in between). Also, there are a lot of "country" people that go here, which I do not really like, but the pharmacy program has a different demographic makeup than undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am gonna be declining the interview if I get one since I was already accepted to RFUMS. It is closer to home and to the city, and I loved the school. Still waiting on UIC though.

why dont you like the "country" people?

I don't dislike country people, but I don't really like the things that go along with them making up such a large proportion of the student body. Camo is fashionable, hunting is a major conversation topic, etc.

I really don't mean to say I don't like the individuals who do this--many of my close friends are proud to say they're "country". I just think I would fit in better at a more urban school with different demographics.

I am gonna be declining the interview if I get one since I was already accepted to RFUMS. It is closer to home and to the city, and I loved the school. Still waiting on UIC though.

Let me know how it goes! I'm waiting on UIC as well.

Received an interview invite for february 8. Anyone else?

Received an interview invite for february 8. Anyone else?

I did too! Already have an interview that day tho and there was no mention of rescheduling in the email..so I'm a little nervous they won't offer me another day :scared::scared:

I just found this site while trying to do some recon for the writing assessment portion of the interview. I have an interview on the 8th as well!! :)

I just found this site while trying to do some recon for the writing assessment portion of the interview. I have an interview on the 8th as well!! :)
The writing portion is probably just assessing how you would approach a situation based on ethics and whatnot

The writing portion is probably just assessing how you would approach a situation based on ethics and whatnot

That's what I was guessing. Thanks! Also, congrats on getting into the two other schools already.

Yes, that's correct. I'm an SIUE student and at our pre-pharmacy association meeting the adviser said it's going to be ethics-based and "graded" by the English department. They want to make sure you can write well and take a position on an issue (keeping ethics in mind). Standard writing assessment. It's timed (I think they said 30 minutes).

YAAAAAY!!!! Accepted :)

Check your e-mail everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard anything promising for waitlist people at SIUE? I haven't talked to admissions yet, but it looks like last year took at least #23. Any hope?

I am waitlister #2 and haven't heard anything yet, but I will keep you posted!

Just wondering, how many ppl on SDN have been accepted and will NOT be attending?

I also applied to SIUE. I am an out-of-state candidate which scares me a little bit. I am from Las Vegas, NV and we have only one (private) pharmacy school here. I submitted my application about a month prior to the due date (Dec. 2). I have yet to hear anything regarding an interview. I called the school a couple times since New Years and they have been close due to the crazy weather. Hopefully Ill hear back soon :(

My stats:

GPA: 3.66
PCAT: 76
No undergrad degree, but all pre-reqs are completed.