SkyMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smartparts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the details about what they charge and what the payment scheme is like for docs? Not planning on doing it, just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the details about what they charge and what the payment scheme is like for docs? Not planning on doing it, just curious.

I am not familiar with SkyMD but I participate with a competitor's product.

The teledermatology service we use charges an upfront fee to be on their platform (I am unfortunately not privy to that information but I do know it was a rather hefty sum)

Similar services in our area will charge ~$50 to $100 per online visit.

Employees (docs/midlevels) get a % of that, the rest goes towards the partners in an attempt to recoup the upfront fee. It has been a financial disaster thus far (as far as I can tell)

The right physician with the right patient population (younger patients, tech savvy patients, college-aged / pediatric patients, busy professionals) can do very well and clear up in-office time for more lucrative procedures

Our group deals with a primarily older patient population thereby likely making our telederm platform a sunk cost.

Reactions: 1 user