Sleep Elective - Psychiatry focused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phantomflair

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Psychiatry resident from Canada who is interested in the area of Sleep. I would like to do a Sleep elective some place (either in Canada or the United States) in which there is a strong psychiatry focus and psychiatrists who integrate Sleep Medicine and Psychiatry regularly in their practice.

I'm also interested in the area of hypnosis and it would be a plus if you guys know of any centers which integrate hypnosis with the management of Sleep disorders as well (beyond recommending self-hypnosis tapes to patients).

Please let me know if there are any places that you would suggest.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Psychiatry resident from Canada who is interested in the area of Sleep. I would like to do a Sleep elective some place (either in Canada or the United States) in which there is a strong psychiatry focus and psychiatrists who integrate Sleep Medicine and Psychiatry regularly in their practice.

I'm also interested in the area of hypnosis and it would be a plus if you guys know of any centers which integrate hypnosis with the management of Sleep disorders as well (beyond recommending self-hypnosis tapes to patients).

Please let me know if there are any places that you would suggest.

Thanks!

Dartmouth? Thomas Jefferson?

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a quick look at those websites and it certainly looks like there are psychiatrists affiliated with their programs.

While it is far from Canada, the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has a Psychiatry-run Sleep fellowship that might suit your needs.