About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep Elective - Psychiatry focused

Discussion in 'Sleep Medicine' started by phantomflair, Feb 16, 2010.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. phantomflair

phantomflair

Fellow [Any Field]

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm a Psychiatry resident from Canada who is interested in the area of Sleep. I would like to do a Sleep elective some place (either in Canada or the United States) in which there is a strong psychiatry focus and psychiatrists who integrate Sleep Medicine and Psychiatry regularly in their practice.

I'm also interested in the area of hypnosis and it would be a plus if you guys know of any centers which integrate hypnosis with the management of Sleep disorders as well (beyond recommending self-hypnosis tapes to patients).

Please let me know if there are any places that you would suggest.

Thanks!
  2. Sartre79

Sartre79

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Dartmouth? Thomas Jefferson?
  3. phantomflair

phantomflair

Fellow [Any Field]
    Thanks for the suggestions. I had a quick look at those websites and it certainly looks like there are psychiatrists affiliated with their programs.
  4. danielmd06

danielmd06 Neurosomnologist

Attending Physician
    Physician SDN 7+ Year Member
    While it is far from Canada, the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has a Psychiatry-run Sleep fellowship that might suit your needs.