sleep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Master Deep

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does any one have any advice of how to sleep the night before the test.
I didnt sleep Sunday night and i didnt sleep at all last night.. i have a feeling i wont be able to sleep tonight.
I cant believe this is affecting me.
I was saying to myself why cant these ppl sleep the night before. ill be able to..... not
maybe i should postpone my test :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt sleep Sunday night and i didnt sleep at all last night.. i have a feeling i wont be able to sleep tonight.
I was saying to myself why cant these ppl sleep the night before. ill be able to..... not

I have a stash of short acting benzos that ive been saving for the week before the test in case i have sleep issues that week.

You need that REM; try and avoid meds but @$%@% if soft music, warm milk or a comedy movie to destress aint helping....yea

Members don't see this ad :)
k i was able take a 2 hr nap. I hope thats enough
now the real test is if i can sleep tonight!!!
does it matter even if i sleep well tonight?
isnt the sleep u got 2 days prior supposed to be the sleep that really counts?
if so. then im screwed

Take Ambien. 8 hours of sleep on Ambien will still give you more REM sleep than 4 hours of "regular" sleep. Not to mention, you don't want to have to worry about having all that anxiety. I'm sure this isn't going to be a popular opinion here, but I would even suggest taking it a few days (or weeks) before your exam so your body adjusts and compensates your REM sleep and such accordingly. Feel free to flame me...

im going to be doing what i did for the MCAT. going to bed super early, well about 10pm and forcing myself to wake up around 6am everyday during the week off.. this way i can get my body used to falling asleep early and after waking up at 6am i will be so tired by 10pm that falling asleep wont be too hard.

im going to be doing what i did for the MCAT. going to bed super early, well about 10pm and forcing myself to wake up around 6am everyday during the week off.. this way i can get my body used to falling asleep early and after waking up at 6am i will be so tired by 10pm that falling asleep wont be too hard.

too bad my exams tomorrow.... :(

too bad my exams tomorrow.... :(

I know how to hit you just right with a bat so not to break any bones in your skull but enough to knock you out but it will cost you I take paypal and visa debit cards only though

Good luck tomorrow!:luck::luck:

hmm, didn't know that, goljan never mentioned it.

Probably cos its more physiology than pathology. Your core temp has to drop to a certain point to fall asleep. A hot shower delays this. it would have the same effect as watching a movie or eating too close to bed time. probably not a huge deal for most people but if you already have sleep problems, that could make a huge difference.

Probably cos its more physiology than pathology. Your core temp has to drop to a certain point to fall asleep. A hot shower delays this. it would have the same effect as watching a movie or eating too close to bed time. probably not a huge deal for most people but if you already have sleep problems, that could make a huge difference.
I think this speaks for itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quilt

Don't pull any more fast ones, kay?