SLOE Author Designation on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried doing a search for this but couldn't find anything.

When creating a letter of rec form on eras, who do I put in as author? Would it be the PD? In other words, is every SLOE always written by the PD? Or do I have to ask the dept where I am rotating about who will be the author?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When creating a letter of rec form on eras, who do I put in as author? Would it be the PD? In other words, is every SLOE always written by the PD? Or do I have to ask the dept where I am rotating about who will be the author?

Thanks
SLOEs are rarely ever written by PDs, so not that one. It's likely whoever is in charge of the fourth year rotation, so put their name.

Thanks

It's almost always the clerkship director, but they will tell you when you rotate there. If not, e-mail their medical student coordinator and ask if you already finished your rotation and are not sure.