SLRP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am a permanent Resident so I cannot apply for NHSC, but I can apply for SLRP. I looked up threads with SLRP , but they are not very specific, nor is the website. Can anyone please shed some light on this topic?. How competitive is it, and when would I apply for it?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

I am a permanent Resident so I cannot apply for NHSC, but I can apply for SLRP. I looked up threads with SLRP , but they are not very specific, nor is the website. Can anyone please shed some light on this topic?. How competitive is it, and when would I apply for it?

Thank you

I'm not 100% certain, but SLRP= state loan repayment program? Which means you'd apply after graduation for loan repayment. It's not a scholarship.

I'm not 100% certain, but SLRP= state loan repayment program? Which means you'd apply after graduation for loan repayment. It's not a scholarship.

SLRP = Slurp

But yeah, from what I can find. This is a repayment/forgiveness program ... for medical schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
haha thx. Yeah. Not a lot of people know much about this. I will try posting in the dental forums, to see if someone can shed some light on this topic.

SLRP is a loan repayment program for healthcare professionals but not all states include pharmacists, so check with the state department of health or whoever administers it.

It's a 2-yr contract and they repay x amount of dollars of qualifying professional school student loans. Pretty much have to work as a pharmacist in a free health clinic or the like (state designated health facilities that provide lost cost healthcare). Major part is graduate must find a job and sign a contract with employer prior to consideration of loan repayment. SLRP does not find a job/place you.