Smart guy, bad grades, learning issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You didn't study because you thought you were smart. You weren't really that smart... You just had it easy.

Here is what you should do - eat brownies + study = A+++
Please stay and be our brownie troll from now on. pls

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Once you hit the college level, studying isn't optional. You can swing Cs or Bs going to the lectures, but most professors I have pull 10-20% of their questions from the assigned reading, meaning that if you don't do it, you automatically dropped yourself by at least one letter grade. This is aside from the obvious retention and comprehension benefits of studying. If you want to do well, study. If not, you should really work on your foam art skills so you can rake in those tips at Starbucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once you hit the college level, studying isn't optional. You can swing Cs or Bs going to the lectures, but most professors I have pull 10-20% of their questions from the assigned reading, meaning that if you don't do it, you automatically dropped yourself by at least one letter grade. This is aside from the obvious retention and comprehension benefits of studying. If you want to do well, study. If not, you should really work on your foam art skills so you can rake in those tips at Starbucks.
My ex-gf works at Starbucks, kind of hit hard since I want to be the opposite of her. Thanks

But I need tips. I have been slacking for the last 2 weeks. Not that I've been doing bad, but I have been coasting and exams will hi hard. How do you catch up, quickly?

Last edited:
My ex-gf works at Starbucks, kind of hit hard since I want to be the opposite of her. Thanks

But I need tips. I have been slacking for the last 2 weeks. Not that I've been doing bad, but I have been coasting and exams will hi hard. How do you catch up, quickly?
Study every waking minute of the day. Do every assignment, read every chapter. College isn't a quick fix sort of place. It's very much about not getting behind to begin with. Do your best to catch up now, and don't ever let yourself get behind again.

Get off SDN lol

Study every waking minute of the day. Do every assignment, read every chapter. College isn't a quick fix sort of place. It's very much about not getting behind to begin with. Do your best to catch up now, and don't ever let yourself get behind again.
It's terrible when you get behind.
Do you think I should drop a class that I'll probably get a B+ in if it means I have more free time?

It's terrible when you get behind.
Do you think I should drop a class that I'll probably get a B+ in if it means I have more free time?
Only you can make that decision. SDN is not your Obi Wan. Or maybe it is in the sense that we give you a bunch of half-assed advice then your thread dies before it can truly deliver anything meaningful.

Take a serious personal inventory of your situation and abilities, spend a day thinking it over however you see fit, and just bite the bullet and decide one way or another. Whatever you do, do it balls to the wall and regret nothing.

If not your school, try a nearby one. Does your school have any sort of Education program or Dep't? If so, seek out their faculty for advice.

I guess I always got through school with no studying.
But as soon as I entered college and I tried to stick to my old ways, I got hit with a few C's...

I clearly don't have good study habits and my school does not have a learning center. They tell you to see a psychologist here and I'm emotionally great?

What to do?

Reactions: 1 user
If not your school, try a nearby one. Does your school have any sort of Education program or Dep't? If so, seek out their faculty for advice.
Yeah I work for it, I'll ask for some tips.

Only you can make that decision. SDN is not your Obi Wan. Or maybe it is in the sense that we give you a bunch of half-assed advice then your thread dies before it can truly deliver anything meaningful.

Take a serious personal inventory of your situation and abilities, spend a day thinking it over however you see fit, and just bite the bullet and decide one way or another. Whatever you do, do it balls to the wall and regret nothing.
Spending too much time deciding, not enough studying. :(