SMDEP 2014!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guillermo Polanco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am new here, but I'm applying to the SMDEP specifically my top three options are: Columbia, Yale, and Duke. Right now I'm missing the two essays, my recommendation letter and my transcripts. (I know basically everything). I started college last semester, and during the summer I did some research with one of my professors, I'm planing on asking him for one of the letters. But do you think that the second one can be by a pre-health adviser? Also, I have my transcript with the classes I took last semester and during the summer, should I send that one or wait for this semester's grades to come?
About the essays can you give me any guidelines for the personal statement and the diversity? Any thing will work, I just need an idea for it.

What do you think are my chances? I am latino, and financially disadvantage. I have a GPA of 3.76 and i have the research and a summer job that I had this past summer. ( I did not graduate on the USA I graduated on Dominican Republic.)

Also, if you can tell me about you experience I will really appreciate it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.