SMDEP 2015 THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATULATIONS everyone!! Super happy for everyone :D it was nice knowing you all and suffering together lol. PM me if you're going to UCLA!

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATULATIONS everyone!! Super happy for everyone :D it was nice know you all and suffering together lol. PM me if you're going to UCLA!

have yet to see anyone get accepted into UCLA other than you! haha you must be super special!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are supposed to get an email from our confirmed site that gives us more info on what we need and stuff for the program?

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted into Nebraska, UT Houston, and Louisville!!! Nebraska here I come! Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
have yet to see anyone get accepted into UCLA other than you! haha you must be super special!
Haha no I honestly think it's cause I go to community college and they target cc students. I'm also involved on their campus already so that probably helped.

Accepted: Houston
Rejected: Yale, UWash
GPA: 3.9
Hispanic/Latino

Hello everyone....
Congrats to everyone, this shows that hard work can definitely get you somewhere.
I am a community college student and i applied to Howard, UCLA, & Univ. Louisville- Houston and I hope I get into at least one site. I don't have anything else to do over the summer :( lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
Is anyone going to University of Washington?
I got accepted to Washington :)
Rejected: UCLA, Columbia
Sophomore attending community college in Washington
GPA:4.0
Economically disadvantaged
App Completed: 12/15
I made UW Smdep 2015 page! join
https://www.facebook.com/uwsmdep2015

Hi everyone!
Is anyone going to University of Washington?
I got accepted to Washington :)
Rejected: UCLA, Columbia
Sophomore attending community college in Washington
GPA:4.0
Economically disadvantaged
App Completed: 12/15
I made UW Smdep 2015 page! join
https://www.facebook.com/uwsmdep2015
How did you make the page? I tried to make a page for UVA but I need to add some first

How did you make the page? I tried to make a page for UVA but I need to add some first
I just clicked on "create a page". You mean you need to add people first? I think you can skip that part!

Yayy! I'm so happy! Got accepted at Washington and Louisville, rejected at Houston! Haven't decided where I wanna go yet lol.
I'm Asian (Vietnamese), 4.0 GPA so far.
Sophomore, technically a Freshman.
I thought my essays were terrible, lol. And I barely knew my reccomendors, honestly.
Economically disadvantaged and rural.

Was just accepted into Duke , UVA, and Yale. I have narrowed my decision down to Yale and Duke just not sure which one is best. Wondering if anyone could help.

Hi! I was accepted to Yale which saw my application the earliest by far (01/16/15). Columbia and Duke reviewed my app on 02/12/15 and 02/14/15 respectively so no wonder I was rejected, but it's totally fine because YALE 2015!!

Stats:
Freshman
4.0 GPA
Asian, economically disadvantaged
From NYC
ECs: ~7, research, volunteering
Pretty strong essays
Recs: Should be good

Where my fellow Yale SMDEP 2015 crew at?
Yale 2015 !!:highfive:

Last edited:
Which should I pick? Howard or Rutgers:help:

Last edited:
I'm really torn between Howard and Louisville. Any suggestions?

was anybody wait listed?
I might be, i
was anybody wait listed?
I might be. The application status was not posted for one of my sites while the other two were. All I can see are two dashes. Everyone knows what the application status is for all 3 sites and I'm sitting here in suspense, lol.

Anybody going to Case, feel free to PM me!

I'm torn between Washington and Louisville. Anybody care to share their experience at Washington?

I'm really torn between Howard and Louisville. Any suggestions?
Congratulations! If you're going for the one that is more recognizable then I would say choose Howard

Anyone know what it means if my status for one of the schools is just two dashes? It doesn't say whether I'm accepted or not..

Anyone know what it means if my status for one of the schools is just two dashes? It doesn't say whether I'm accepted or not..
I think it means they haven't made a decision yet (or it's just not showing up). You should probably call the school on Monday and ask

anyone going to Yale PM me! I want to create a Facebook group page

Do we get a confirmation email after we confirm a site??

Reactions: 1 users
Who else is going to Howard:clap::soexcited:

Accepted to Nebraska!:soexcited: Rejected from Duke and Washington.

If were waiting for the next cycle do we get an early decision or do we have to wait until April? thx

Does anybody who went to Louisville or Nebraska share their experience?

Hi everyone, I'm extremely torn between Columbia and Yale. Both are very competitive and great programs. I'm just blessed to have been granted admission to both. I literally cannot decide at all. Help me please!

Hi everyone, I'm extremely torn between Columbia and Yale. Both are very competitive and great programs. I'm just blessed to have been granted admission to both. I literally cannot decide at all. Help me please!
I would pick Columbia because it located in New York..:)

i am going to columbia 2015
pick columbia and we will be friends :))

I did SMDEP Yale 2013 and it was definitely one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. Everyone there is invested in making sure you succeed. Congrats to all of you who have confirmed at Yale and make sure you really take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. Protip: Make sure you form a friendship with Dr. Black and Ms. Jackson

:claps:
I did SMDEP Yale 2013 and it was definitely one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. Everyone there is invested in making sure you succeed. Congrats to all of you who have confirmed at Yale and make sure you really take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. Protip: Make sure you form a friendship with Dr. Black and Ms. Jackson
*currently jotting down notes*:nod: