SMDEP 2015 THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I also got into Rutgers! And no I didn't receive an email yet.....
congratulations, I cannot wait to meet you. I emailed them. They said they will send an email with info late March.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received email from Howard!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!! So I just found out about this program today and theres no way I can finish everything in 4 days lol so I am going to be applying next year! I'm kinda confused as to how you exactly send the recommendation letters? Cause I was looking at the form and I didn't know whether you're suppose to send it via email, fax, or mail? How did you guys do it?

Hey guys!! So I just found out about this program today and theres no way I can finish everything in 4 days lol so I am going to be applying next year! I'm kinda confused as to how you exactly send the recommendation letters? Cause I was looking at the form and I didn't know whether you're suppose to send it via email, fax, or mail? How did you guys do it?
You can do it either of the three ways I am pretty sure!

Is it ok if I sent in my transcript without sending in the SMDEP transcript form?

Is it ok if I sent in my transcript without sending in the SMDEP transcript form?

No you do not need the form! I called them and asked because that was the same scenario with me, and they said that i'm fine without it.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible for your application to go "In Review" before the all the supporting documents get received? or do the sites wait for the documents to come and then review your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible for your application to go "In Review" before the all the supporting documents get received? or do the sites wait for the documents to come and then review your application?

It's possible as long as you've submitted your application and your transcript is in. I emailed them and asked about it. Also, I submitted my application and had one LOR in but nothing happened until the day that my transcript was finally updated . That was the same day that Yale started to review my application.

It's possible as long as you've submitted your application and your transcript is in. I emailed them and asked about it. Also, I submitted my application and had one LOR in but nothing happened until the day that my transcript was finally updated . That was the same day that Yale started to review my application.
I see. Thank you.

How long did it take for your letter of recommendations and transcript to show that they had been received?

I sent in my transcript on Monday and then again on Tuesday with expedited next day mail service and it says they still haven't received it.....??

How long did it take for your letter of recommendations and transcript to show that they had been received?
It takes 10 business days. Note: I don't think they update the site regularly. If they still haven't recieved it after 2 wks, try calling

It takes 10 business days. Note: I don't think they update the site regularly. If they still haven't recieved it after 2 wks, try calling
So as long as you've submitted your stuff in by the deadline, you should be good? It still says that nothing has been received but it definitely should have. I didn't read anywhere that I have to submit my transcripts and LORs 10 days before the deadline.

So as long as you've submitted your stuff in by the deadline, you should be good? It still says that nothing has been received but it definitely should have. I didn't read anywhere that I have to submit my transcripts and LORs 10 days before the deadline.

http://smdep.org/faqs/
If you scroll down to the deadline question, you should find your answer. I think the transcript and LOR need to be postmarked by today.

I finshed my app on 2/28 but I made some correction in the biographic info section now it says I compleated my app 3/2. Should I be worried??

Hey! Where do you check to see if you're being reviewed in a site? Is it after the current status of your application transcript, and letter of recommendation are noted as completed? I am sorry I have no idea how the process works.

Hey! Where do you check to see if you're being reviewed in a site? Is it after the current status of your application transcript, and letter of recommendation are noted as completed? I am sorry I have no idea how the process works.

it should say in review next to the site.

is anyone in review for any sites?

I'm in review for Yale! No word on Columbia or Howard yet. Anyone else?

I'm in review for Texas, UCLA, and Rutgers but it says my letters of rec haven't been received yet.

I'm in review for Texas, UCLA, and Rutgers but it says my letters of rec haven't been received yet.
The same thing happened to me. Sometimes they don't update tour application but they receive the letter. My application was in review for all three sites even though it said that my LORs were not received. I called SMDEP and they updated my application.

The same thing happened to me. Sometimes they don't update tour application but they receive the letter. My application was in review for all three sites even though it said that my LORs were not received. I called SMDEP and they updated my application.
Sweet! I'll call them tomorrow. :) Thanks homie!

For anyone who applied to Yale:
I got accepted for the program this summer and so far everyone seems great. The faculty is very friendly via our facebook group! They post little trivia games and whoever wins gets different prizes that are related to medicine. You can tell the faculty loves their jobs. The Facebook page is very active. Anywho...Good luck everyone !

I got accepted for the program this summer and so far everyone seems great. The faculty is very friendly via our facebook group! They post little trivia games and whoever wins gets different prizes that are related to medicine. You can tell the faculty loves their jobs. The Facebook page is very active. Anywho...Good luck everyone !
That's cool..

JUST FINDING THIS THREAD!!! I've applied to UCLA, Columbia, and Howard for dental. The wait is the worst part :bang:

Wonder if I messed up having all my stuff sent in before I sent in my application. It all says not received. Had my professors send it again. So nervous.

Wonder if I messed up having all my stuff sent in before I sent in my application. It all says not received. Had my professors send it again. So nervous.

It doesn't matter when you send it in, as they got one of my transcripts on February 24th while I submitted my application on March 1st. I called on March 3rd and they told me that my transcript is being processed, and then within a few hours the status changed to "Received." However, both my LOR that were faxed on February 28th and my second transcript that was mailed on February 24th were not yet processed at the time, so I am thinking to call again on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe you should also call to double check on the status of your letters, as it looks like it takes at least one week to process.

This thread is awesome.

I was accepted to Duke (Rejected from Howard & Virginia)! If you're going as well join the Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/891335197598864/

Congratulations!! I really hope Duke will not be full by the time my transcript and LOR clear up... I found out about this awesome program a little late, and now I just pray to God that I still got a chance...

Congratulations! That sounds fun! :) It's going to be an unforgettable experience for sure! :)

23 very long, very excruciating days....

Hey guys!
I applied to Yale, Columbia, and Rutgers. And my application is now in review from Yale.
However, I looked at my application and noticed that my GPA wasn't there. I had emailed them last week and they have not answered. I was wondering if you guys think that they would just read my GPA off my transcript and it would be alright or should I call them and tell them my situation

Hey guys!
I applied to Yale, Columbia, and Rutgers. And my application is now in review from Yale.
However, I looked at my application and noticed that my GPA wasn't there. I had emailed them last week and they have not answered. I was wondering if you guys think that they would just read my GPA off my transcript and it would be alright or should I call them and tell them my situation
You should call them

Anyone's status been updated recently? I've been waiting forever for a change and nothing. I called them and they said they had my transcript, but to look up my letters of recommendation I would need the time and date they were faxed and I don't have the information.. I've pretty much given up on getting into this program...

My last transcript was updated on Monday and at the same time the status for all my sites changed to "In review." I applied to Duke, Yale, and Houston. However, one of my letters of recommendations was only updated today while the second one still appears as "Not yet received."
When I called on Monday they said that they received a lot of applications right before the deadline and there are a lot of people in the same exact situation, so don't lose hope!! There is still a chance! I keep praying and hoping for a miracle every day :)

The wait is really unbearable. And I'm on spring break! Luckily I have two exams next week so I'll be focusing on that and once that's all over I'll only have to wait like 3 more days until we finally hear back. How is everyone else passing the time?

Congrats to those already accepted and good luck to those still applying! For those heading to UNMC, I will be one of your RA's this summer ;)