SMDEP 2015 THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If your parents have a degree from another country does that count for smdep, because my parents have a degree from another country ?
Don't think so. You'd still be first generation

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Will a 2.8 as GPA kill of of my chances? Its supposed to a 3.0 but one Class is worth 6 credits. I only took for classes.

hey guys, does anyone who goes to Rutgers New Brunswick know how long does it take for smdep to receive the transcript??

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there more pre-meds applying to this program than pre-dental students or are the pool of applicants about the same?

does anyone who applied to rutgers dental have their application in review???

Are there more pre-meds applying to this program than pre-dental students or are the pool of applicants about the same?
I think the pre med are more than the pre dental students

Yup, mine.
i am sorry for asking but when was your application completed? because i completed mine a while ago but my rutgers application still has dash marks.

currently under review for ucla and yale! just waiting on columbia now...
hope i get into atleast one :/

i am sorry for asking but when was your application completed? because i completed mine a while ago but my rutgers application still has dash marks.
My application was completed 12/15/2014

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my application today!!! So scared! I hope this isn't too late for the first round. Where did you all apply? When I applied last yr the sites were full

Submitted my application today!!! So scared! I hope this isn't too late for the first round. Where did you all apply? When I applied last yr the sites were full
Hey I applied to ucla Yale and Columbia in November. Around what time did u apply last year that the sites were full?

Hi! I applied to Louisville, Case, and Nebraska. Where did you apply? Are you applying to the same places you applied to last year?

I applied to Columbia, rutgers and Howard

Hey I applied to ucla Yale and Columbia in November. Around what time did u apply last year that the sites were full?
I applied last year a week before the March deadline. Last year I applied to Columbia, Rutgers and Yale and they were full at that time

Hi! I applied to Louisville, Case, and Nebraska. Where did you apply? Are you applying to the same places you applied to last year?
I'm applying to Columbia again and two other new sites which are UW and Duke

I applied a week before the March deadline last year and I applied to Columbia, Yale and Rutgers

Is there any particular reason you didn't apply to yale this year?

I didnt want to reply to sites I already applied to but I really like Columbia so I applied again. I read on a few places that people who reapply choose different sites.

i applied to columbia ucla case they received my transcript, but my professors didn't submit yet the LOR
Case changed the status to Application in Review, but my application is not complete i still miss a letter of rec
is that normal ?

i applied to columbia ucla case they received my transcript, but my professors didn't submit yet the LOR
Case changed the status to Application in Review, but my application is not complete i still miss a letter of rec
is that normal ?
Yeah that's normal. My app was in review at Louisville before either of my LORs were in.

ETA: since you said that, I just went to check and I'm in review at Case too :D I'm only waiting on Nebraska now!

I finished my application, Columbia, UWash, and UCLA. Does anyone know how long the application takes before it is in review?

Yeah that's normal. My app was in review at Louisville before either of my LORs were in.

ETA: since you said that, I just went to check and I'm in review at Case too :D I'm only waiting on Nebraska now!
I'm still waiting on a LOR but my transcript and other letter was sent last week. I hope I can still make the Feb. 1 deadline

Ahhh everyone applied to Columbia. Seems like the most popular site

I'm in review for Nebraska now :D that makes all three of my sites! I'm so excited
I'm still waiting on one LOR though :mad:

I'm still waiting on a LOR but my transcript and other letter was sent last week. I hope I can still make the Feb. 1 deadline
Are the transcript and other LOR received by the SMDEP office already? I've read on past years threads that some people got accepted with just their transcripts and one LOR because they were still waiting on the second, but I'm not sure if that's always the case. But if it is, then I think you'll be on time~

Just a quick question! New to all this.

So, I know the application is considered "complete" with just the application submitted and a transcript that has been approved.

However, it says on the SMDEP application that:
"The SMDEP program sites provide notification of admission decisions once the NPO has a "Completed" application by one of the following decision dates:
Admissions decisions are released on February 15 for applications completed by February 1st...
"

Does this mean that even if my letter of recommendations do not come in by February 1st, I will still be considered "complete" by this deadline and receive an admission decision on Feb. 15th because of my submitted app and transcript?

Thanks!

Just a quick question! New to all this.

So, I know the application is considered "complete" with just the application submitted and a transcript that has been approved.

However, it says on the SMDEP application that:
"The SMDEP program sites provide notification of admission decisions once the NPO has a "Completed" application by one of the following decision dates:
Admissions decisions are released on February 15 for applications completed by February 1st...
"

Does this mean that even if my letter of recommendations do not come in by February 1st, I will still be considered "complete" by this deadline and receive an admission decision on Feb. 15th because of my submitted app and transcript?

Thanks!
It honestly depends on the site I think. I was having trouble with LOR's too because I had everything marked completed except that one letter was missing. I called all the program sites I applied to and they said it was fine. They were extremely friendly too. So maybe try calling them?

It honestly depends on the site I think. I was having trouble with LOR's too because I had everything marked completed except that one letter was missing. I called all the program sites I applied to and they said it was fine. They were extremely friendly too. So maybe try calling them?

Okay thanks for the response! Will do. :D

My second LOR is finally in! Now my app is in review at all three sites and is 100% completed. Waiting until Feb. 15th is going to be hard :unsure:

do you guys have rutgers smdep office number??
973 972-3762
That's the number from their website :)

I'm still waiting on UCLA to update my status, but my other two sites (Yale & Louisville) are in review. So excited !

My second LOR is finally in! Now my app is in review at all three sites and is 100% completed. Waiting until Feb. 15th is going to be hard :unsure:

973 972-3762
That's the number from their website :)
thank you

I'm in review for Nebraska now :D that makes all three of my sites! I'm so excited

Are the transcript and other LOR received by the SMDEP office already? I've read on past years threads that some people got accepted with just their transcripts and one LOR because they were still waiting on the second, but I'm not sure if that's always the case. But if it is, then I think you'll be on time~
I'm not sure if the office has processed them. They say it takes 10 days after sending it out and both were sent out early last week

I'm not sure if the office has processed them. They say it takes 10 days after sending it out and both were sent out early last week

Hi! I applied to Columbia, Yale, and Duke a week or two ago. Next to application status it says completed, but how do I know if my application is under review for a particular site? Sorry, if this is a dumb question. Any help will be much appreciated!

How do you check to see if your application is under review for a particular site? Also, when did you finish applying? Good luck and thanks!

How do you check to see if your application is under review for a particular site? Also, when did you finish applying? Good luck and thanks!
Go to view application status and towards the bottom it'll list the sites you applied to. Next to the site, it'll say "Application in Review" if it's not in review, it'll have dashes by it "--".

Last edited:
Hi! I applied to Columbia, Yale, and Duke a week or two ago. Next to application status it says completed, but how do I know if my application is under review for a particular site? Sorry, if this is a dumb question. Any help will be much appreciated!
Beside the school it will show "application under review"

does anyone still have rutgers not in review yet??

Gahh, I'm so anxious! I've been checking the SMDEP site every day now since December.
I feel like I will continue to be obsessed until the final decisions are made.