SMP Program MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MercifulDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering for which SMP programs would I be eligible if I have a 28R on MCAT? (I won't post my GPA yet because I am doing my last year and hopefully will raise it to acceptable range).

Would that be sufficient to get into an SMP/Medical school afterwards or should i look into retaking?

Help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I feel like I'm screwed because I need to bring up my GPA to get it to a 3.0 and also to increase my MCAT to a 28 at a minimum.....where do I find the time for everything???? What to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA 2.89 and MCAT 27R

Taking full courseload to try and bring up my GPA to 3.0

Members don't see this ad :)
You should spend some time investigating DO schools, their philosophy and their grade replacement options. You might not need a SMP with grade replacement. If you are only focusing on MD you would need at least a 30 (and probably higher) and your GPAs would need to be much higher than 3.0. A SMP might help with that but I'm not sure you would even get into one with your stats. I don't know much about SMP admission requirements so you'll have to do the research.

I understand it is not recommended to study MCAT during the school year, but this is my last chance because they are implementing the new MCAT in April.

I have one class per day three days a week and two classes two days a week. I finish no later than 1 PM on my busiest days. I was wondering how it would be best to plan my day to manage to study for MCAT and school?

I plan on doing no ECs, volunteering, research as I've done all of this already.

I didn't mention the MCAT retake.
There is a forum dealing with MCAT maybe you can get your answers there regarding studying etc.
Be careful about stopping all of your ECs. It might make ADCOMs think you only did them to check them off your application list. You seem rather overwhelmed with this whole thing. Maybe you need to take a step back and slow down. You want the very best application possible the first time. You have several issues to resolve before you should think about applying.