SN2ed without Organic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuralFamilyMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a second semester sophomore at University in the DMV Area. At this semester's end I'll have completed my one year of General Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. However, I will be taking Organic during my Junior year.

Right now, I am enrolled in a combined program that requires a 26 minimum (with no sub-score less than 7) on the MCAT. Another part of this is that I must take my MCAT before March, 2014, when I will be midway through my second semester of Organic. I am very interested in using the SN2ed study plan, as I find I am better suited to personal discipline when studying for standardized tests.

However, I was wondering if it's okay to use all the SN2ed materials, without Organic. I was thinking I could spend my summer, as well as the fall semester reviewing my Chemistry (as I am weak in that area), Physics, and Biology. And, during Winter break, I could devote a month's time to Organic, and then take the MCAT in the beginning of February.

Does this sound ridiculous? Does it sound sane? I would greatly appreciate any and all opinions. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds fine to me especially since you will have taken first semester of organic, the MCAT is phasing out organic over time (25% currently of BS), and that you require a 26 minimum for your program (very doable without organic).