Snow Day Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh you poor baby!
It apparently snowed in parts of north FL, too!

It's just been chilly here.

Members don't see this ad.

Roads are still not great here. Many roads that were two lanes are now one. Yesterday during the day was better, then temps dropped and roads iced up pretty bad. It's supposed to rain later today, which I have a feeling will just turn our giant snow mounds into giant ice sculptures.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Roads are still not great here. Many roads that were two lanes are now one. Yesterday during the day was better, then temps dropped and roads iced up pretty bad. It's supposed to rain later today, which I have a feeling will just turn our giant snow mounds into giant ice sculptures.
This is why I love living in NJ. Snow removal here is amazing. Of course I guess you have to get something for the high taxes. Every storm the last 2+ winters, the roads are plowed and ready to go right away. I remember a couple of years ago driving to Princeton from Philly every week and 95 was a disaster in PA until you passed over into NJ, and then it was beautiful. Hate, hate, hate the PA plowing.

I hated living in Philly. I parked on S. St Marks and it was barely plowed (first winter I had a garage off of S. St Marks, and that little street was NEVER plowed, so I gave up the garage because I couldn't get my car out in winter).

How did everyone do making it to work/school today, if you had to? I'm in Missouri, where it got up to 60 degrees today, so I'm enjoying reading all your posts. :) We got a bit of ice and maybe 2-3 inches of snow last week, but it's all melted by now.

I made it in without issue but I shouldn't have - no patients for me, the other doctors had a ton of cancellations too. The highways are pretty good but my road is literally one lane up a mountain and it was a PITA to get home. I have to work tonight - hopefully a few more people venture out. I'm so very done with it all :yeahright:

I made it in without issue but I shouldn't have - no patients for me, the other doctors had a ton of cancellations too. The highways are pretty good but my road is literally one lane up a mountain and it was a PITA to get home. I have to work tonight - hopefully a few more people venture out. I'm so very done with it all :yeahright:

I absolutely hear you. We had three feet and it took me days to get it to a semblance of cleared driveway. Ended up with a moderate case of frostbite since it was only me doing the shoveling. At least my obligations were cancelled today, going out must suck a ton.

We're in the middle of a storm now - up to 40cm of snow and 80km/h winds (that's 18 inches and 50mph) . The clinic closed at 12PM but I'm on call. Luckily, I live really close and I have four wheel drive and studded snow tires. I have one emergency that should come in tonight but just can't make it, so hopefully will be okay overnight until we open at 8AM tomorrow morning. Storm is supposed to stop overnight so we should be mostly clear tomorrow morning. I also have a blocked cat in clinic that I had to go in at 8PM tonight to deal with and it was rough going, even just the five minute drive down the street. Very little is plowed (they're trying, but it's filling in as fast as they can move it) and my road hasn't even been touched so without the SUV I don't know how'd I'd have gotten in short of a very cold walk.

Sorry to hear that Coquette.

I am dealing with the annual SOV ice rink conversion of my driveway.
Anywhere that wasn't completely cleared is now ice that I have started chopping away at.

I need to get a paved driveway. I hate this gravel crap.

Photo%20on%201-23-16%20at%202.32%20PM%202_zpsego7q30i.jpg

Where did you get those awesome fish lights?

Bumping this for the impending storm

Reactions: 1 user
North/Central Indiana is getting hit like a Mac truck. Had to leave my car in a ditch.

North/Central Indiana is getting hit like a Mac truck. Had to leave my car in a ditch.
Yeah we're slammed as well! Hope you're alright!

The last 2 hours of our day were cancelled and the teaching hospital shut down, with the exception of emergency services.

Yeah we're slammed as well! Hope you're alright!

The last 2 hours of our day were cancelled and the teaching hospital shut down, with the exception of emergency services.
I'm fine now, my poor car is still sideways. Going to have to wait until the snow stops and the weather warms up to have a chance at getting it out.

My car is freeeeeeeee

Reactions: 4 users