So how did I handle this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benelli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my microbio exam. It went well, until the person next to me started trying to look at my exam and asked other people for answers (and other people actually gave him answers WTF?). Worst thing about it is this is a fellow pre-pharm student. So I give my professor a heads up and leave and I feel pretty lame about the ordeal. I am pissed off about the situation. Anyone else have this happen?

Isn't it kind of funny how 10% of a 300 person class attends lecture but on exam day you can't find a seat?

Members don't see this ad.

If you did what you felt like was right, you are golden. What kind of testing situation allows for people to talk to each other though? Weird. :confused:

Don't be down on yourself or allow what the other student did to make you feel bad. You can only control yourself and if reporting seemed like the right thing to do, you did the right thing. Move on and never look back.

EDIT: Yes it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my microbio exam. It went well, until the person next to me started trying to look at my exam and asked other people for answers (and other people actually gave him answers WTF?). Worst thing about it is this is a fellow pre-pharm student. So I give my professor a heads up and leave and I feel pretty lame about the ordeal. I am pissed off about the situation. Anyone else have this happen?

Isn't it kind of funny how 10% of a 300 person class attends lecture but on exam day you can't find a seat?

That sucks, but you handled it exactly how I would have. If you don't turn him in, you run the risk of being turned in for cheating yourself.

This same thing happened to me once. I turned in a student for cheating off of my work. I felt pretty crappy about it, and later wondered if I did the right thing. What suprised me the most was the fact that the teacher did not seem to care and never addressed the issue with the student.

From that point on, I just decided to make sure to mind my own business and make sure no one has the opportunity to cheat off of my work.

One thing I have learned in life is - Lying, cheating, theft, etc. will catch up to the offender sooner or later.

This same thing happened to me once. I turned in a student for cheating off of my work. I felt pretty crappy about it, and later wondered if I did the right thing. What suprised me the most was the fact that the teacher did not seem to care and never addressed the issue with the student.

From that point on, I just decided to make sure to mind my own business and make sure no one has the opportunity to cheat off of my work.

One thing I have learned in life is - Lying, cheating, theft, etc. will catch up to the offender sooner or later.

You probably don't know if he addressed the issue with the student or not. Those conversations are supposed to be confidential. Unless you asked the student later what happened and they didn't lie to you, you can probably safely assume that a conversation was had at some point. This has been my experience at least.