So I just took the DAT..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took my DAT today and I'm so stoked I just absolutely killed it , PAT was a little harder than I expected but still think I did decent. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I'm willing to give advice!!

AA: 24
TS:25
PAT:21
QR: 22
RC:23
BIO:23
GC: 27
OC:25

Good luck to everyone else taking their DAT soon!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Awesome, congrats. Make sure you post a breakdown in the DAT forum. I look forward to trying to do whatever you did!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats dude!

We have somewhat similar scores, although yours are better haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Baller's got game. Good work.

Nice job! You killed it!!

PS- check your PM.

Your profile picture is going to give me nightmares.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

So I just took my DAT today and I'm so stoked I just absolutely killed it , PAT was a little harder than I expected but still think I did decent. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I'm willing to give advice!!

AA: 24
TS:25
PAT:21
QR: 22
RC:23
BIO:23
GC: 27
OC:25

Good luck to everyone else taking their DAT soon!!!
Congrats! Those are really good numbers. How did you study for the bio section?

Congrats! Those are really good numbers. How did you study for the bio section?

Mainly just read through Cliff's AP Bio and did Destroyer, really focused on reviewing the topics that weren't coming back to me when doing destroyer. However Bio is a really strong subject for me so I spent the least time on it but I think a solid run through Destroyer and understanding it is a very good baseline!!! Made a few flashcards at the start but I kinda stopped halfway cause I was spending too much time on it but it definitely helped

Mehr. I've seen better scores....

J/K, great job! Congrats. You'll have lots of options hopefully.

Mainly just read through Cliff's AP Bio and did Destroyer, really focused on reviewing the topics that weren't coming back to me when doing destroyer. However Bio is a really strong subject for me so I spent the least time on it but I think a solid run through Destroyer and understanding it is a very good baseline!!! Made a few flashcards at the start but I kinda stopped halfway cause I was spending too much time on it but it definitely helped
Any BC? How many days/weeks and how many hrs/day on avg!

Any BC? How many days/weeks and how many hrs/day on avg!

Yeah I did all the Bootcamp practice tests and the full length exams. I studied from June 1st until today so actually about 3 months, wanted to take it earlier but I scheduled kind of late and this was the first I could. Started at 8 hrs ish per day and then kinda backed off a little and was only doing like 6 ish hours just because I had 3 whole months, didn't wanna let it take over my life lol would have gone crazy!

Congrats on the awesome scores! If you don't mind me asking, how were you averaging with the Destroyer questions?

Congrats on the awesome scores! If you don't mind me asking, how were you averaging with the Destroyer questions?

Destroyer was destroying me for a while lol! But by the end I was actually doing really well on it, only getting like 1 or 2 wrong per page I'd say roughly. Definitely put me in a good spot as it really over prepared me

Reactions: 1 users
Destroyer was destroying me for a while lol! But by the end I was actually doing really well on it, only getting like 1 or 2 wrong per page I'd say roughly. Definitely put me in a good spot as it really over prepared me

That's awesome! Yeah doing those questions make me feel like I know nothing lmao. Best of luck with the application process. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere great :D

Congratulations! if you dont mind me asking, what were you getting on bootcamp's practice test!? and how deep did you study for biological diversity? like kingdoms and all? and how did you practice RC section? Thank you!

Congratulations! if you dont mind me asking, what were you getting on bootcamp's practice test!? and how deep did you study for biological diversity? like kingdoms and all? and how did you practice RC section? Thank you!

Thank you!! Bootcamp tests I was averaging around a 22 AA and around a 20 on PAT, the sciences were a lot easier for me on the real thing as well as the reading and QR. Seemed like a joke compared to the boot camp tests which was good. Again, I have a strong background in Bio and have taken upper level zoology, evolution, and genetics classes so I didn't really study too much for it. But I would definitely recommend at least knowing a few traits for each Phyla so you can pick them out based off of the names e.g. Cnidaria are jellyfish/anemones.

RC section I didn't really study for at all, read a few articles here and there to get used to the way they are written then used the 5 full boot camp tests as practice. Find a technique that works! For me it was read the beginning of each 2 times to really get the idea down. Then I'd read about half, go to the questions and answer until I saw somethin I didn't read yet then I'd go back and read and search and destroy from there! Mainly just get the timing down. On the real thing I did each in about 17 minutes so I had a little bit of time to flip back and find subtle things I missed!!

Best of luck!!