So I really do like Jco videos.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Not many people know about them and are highly skeptical. I ended up buying the full package for 100 dollars and I love them. They're a great way to spend my last month since ive exhausted every other resource. They have a very very good series for molecular bio, which was one of my weaker points.

The visualizations really help you put things into perspective. Theres no crappy 1 min videos like some of the sample ones on youtube. The average is like 6-7 mins long. Most of the videos are excellent, although a few could require a bt more information. My only complaint is a 100 dollars seems kinda high but I guess compared to other resources it isnt that bad.

From what ive seen, in terms of quality their bio>gc>phys>orgo. But I pretty much like most what ive seen so far.

Id call these videos good supplement to a review, but not a replacement for TBR.

Id say jco>wikki>khan. Although I dunno about chads.

ask any questions if you're curious about these videos.

Members don't see this ad.

Do they allow you to watch in "fast" speed, because on the samples the guy talks way too slow for me.

Last edited:
Also, Chad's doesn't exist for Bio yet, he's making them this summer. For chem and O.Chem they really are outstanding. For physics they are good for a basic review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not many people know about them and are highly skeptical. I ended up buying the full package for 100 dollars and I love them. They're a great way to spend my last month since ive exhausted every other resource. They have a very very good series for molecular bio, which was one of my weaker points.

The visualizations really help you put things into perspective. Theres no crappy 1 min videos like some of the sample ones on youtube. The average is like 6-7 mins long. Most of the videos are excellent, although a few could require a bt more information. My only complaint is a 100 dollars seems kinda high but I guess compared to other resources it isnt that bad.

From what ive seen, in terms of quality their bio>gc>phys>orgo. But I pretty much like most what ive seen so far.

Id call these videos good supplement to a review, but not a replacement for TBR.

link?

looks like a good resource.. too bad its "subscription" based so your access is only for 3 months..

What's the difference in watching a video or say, listening to audio osmosis? Do they go through practice problems in the videos? Wouldn't spending time doing passage-based material be more worthwhile?

Last edited:
because they give you visual applications to everything they say. Like they show you how the ideal gas law applies to heat engines by heating a gas, causing an increasing a volume which does work on the system, and using the cold resevoir to cool the gas so it relaxes and you don't lose work giving an increased net work. It's nice to visually associate things in your mind with pictures.

Doing problems is number 1, but i think after you do TBR/TPR theres not many other good problems you can do

because they give you visual applications to everything they say. Like they show you how the ideal gas law applies to heat engines by heating a gas, causing an increasing a volume which does work on the system, and using the cold resevoir to cool the gas so it relaxes and you don't lose work giving an increased net work. It's nice to visually associate things in your mind with pictures.

Doing problems is number 1, but i think after you do TBR/TPR theres not many other good problems you can do

Mhmm...sounds good, especially so for visual learner types.

yes, for me i had trouble really seeing how lac operons work. Their visual example was brilliant. Or just seeing dna replication in action was great

yes, for me i had trouble really seeing how lac operons work. Their visual example was brilliant. Or just seeing dna replication in action was great

Dude, I've seen you on so many threads and just had to stop and say - I FREAKIN LOVE THE CAT IN THE HAT. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face while thinking about the MCAT :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ColeSmalls,

Thanks for posting about JCO! Never heard of it and having checked out the site, the free videos were pretty helpful...especially compared to Kaplan's videos - I am usually out cold with my head on my desk after about 30 seconds. Having said that, I was wondering if you could provide an feedback or some info on the notes that accompany each lecture video. Are they any good, just ok, amazing?? Am still debating whether it is worth the 100 bucks, but if the notes are decent it might help with the decision. Thanks!!

The notes aren't bad- around 1-2 pages each video. They highlight a few important facts.

As for it being worth 100 dollars, thats debateable. See they have some really amazing lectures and some lectures where they don't go in very deep on stuff. Do I think it's the best series of video lectures? Yes. Worth 100 dollars? Well it def wont replace TBR by any means but it does help you understand stuff like how heat engines work by watching visualizations.

I don't use the notes because theres nothing I need out of those though.

and the guy that made suess deserves every ounce of respect he gets; that's great news that he gets so much recognition.

The guy speaks way too slow. It's probably good if you're learning this stuff for the very first time. I wish they made a fast play option like Chad's videos.

The guy speaks way too slow. It's probably good if you're learning this stuff for the very first time. I wish they made a fast play option like Chad's videos.

I subscribed 2 days ago. The guy definitely talks slow, but I think I'll personally appreciate it when the material gets harder. I was sold when I watched the DNA replication video.

I'll check back in a few weeks when I've watched more, but at this point, I'm glad I got it. :thumbup:

I just finished first part of lessons in Physics and Biology and I would give this site a thumbs up :thumbup:. The lessons are arranged thoughtfully and methodically that coincide well with examcracker. I even like the way the timing were slowed down to catch up with my comprehension. It took me 2 weeks to understand all the mechanics of cellular respiration in class and how overwhelming it seems to review them again, but JCo presented the nuts and bolts of the entire process within half hour, just enough for me to remember for mcat. I sincerely thank these guys for doing this.

um, i thought the repro section was decent not great. The genes/molecular section was really the star of the bio. It gets explained super well. the muscle contraction stuff was good, overall id rate the physio as decent but not in depth as his molecular lectures. honestly he prob gives you enough information though, too many details for the bio section can be a waste after all.

um, i thought the repro section was decent not great. The genes/molecular section was really the star of the bio. It gets explained super well. the muscle contraction stuff was good, overall id rate the physio as decent but not in depth as his molecular lectures. honestly he prob gives you enough information though, too many details for the bio section can be a waste after all.

Does he have genetics, my genetics is weak?

Should I use Jco as a pre-study guide before mt TPR course or after my TPR course when I am taking AAMCs and reviewing info I don't know.

And one last question I notice you have cole in your username do you have any connection to the jcoreview site.