So PAYING 4 OT degree w/ Private Loans--HOW TO STRUCTURE THEM????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoastHope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience know how to structure your loans, especially private, e.g. not federal loans, in a way that a future employer might consider them legit and will pay them back in return for service?

I've found that my credit union offers way better terms that the federal program, with the exception of no loan forgiveness after 25 years and not having that is luckily for me, not a show stopper.

I want to make sure the way I structure the loans would be considered "kosher" and valid to a future employer.

I've read online that you still need to have fin aid at the school create a budget for you for each semester, so that the employer can see you borrowed just what you needed.

I've read that family loans don't count and that home equity (not that I own a home) don't count.

ANY OTHER WORD OF ADVICE FOR HOW TO STRUCTURE OR HAVE THE LOAN DOCUMENTS LABELED SO THAT A FUTURE EMPLOYER WILL ACCEPT THEM A VALID STUDENT LOANS AT A LATER DATE? :confused:

Thank. Want to save money but don't want to live to regret it later. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Talk to the financial aid office of where your going and sit down and get that all set up. That's what I did.