So they got caffeine pills. Why aren't there calorie pills?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Served

Just think of how much time you can save! Less time wasted eating, and more time spent studying.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could just eat a spoonful of butter.

Or one of those energy gel packets that they use for marathons...

Reactions: 3 users
Even on my busiest days, I make time for food. Deciding where/what to eat makes my days. How sad haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Eating food is like sex. Eating calorie pills is like..not sure what to compare it to.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Always worth it. You must be doing something wrong.
How long does it take for you guys to eat each meal? I eat very slowly, and it takes me about an hour to complete each meal.

How long does it take for you guys to eat each meal? I eat very slowly, and it takes me about an hour to complete each meal.
I'm basically Major Payne when it comes to eating.

Reactions: 1 user

One hour?! You must masticate really slowly...

If I'm in a rush, I can down a big plate of pasta in 5 minutes. If I'm not, then 15 minutes. This is assuming I'm not talking or distracted.

Just think of how much time you can save! Less time wasted eating, and more time spent studying.

If you're a premed and you don't have time to eat, then you're doing something wrong. Your brain needs real nutrition and calorie packs won't do it.

Let me just swallow this 200lb pill to meet my daily macronutrient requirements

Anyone here eat healthy? It's a chore.

M&Ms, Skittles, Reeses Pieces...these are all calorie pills.

I think the plight of underweight people is really unappreciated in the general population. I would be all for eating a high calorie pill if it meant gaining a few healthy pounds. I imagine such ah thing would also be useful for lots of people -- the elderly, people who lost a lot of weight while sick, kids from low-income households, etc.

I think the plight of underweight people is really unappreciated in the general population. if I could eat a high calorie pill before going to bed at night and gain a few healthy pounds, I would be all for it. I imagine such ah thing would also be useful for lots of people -- the elderly, people who lost a lot of weight while sick, kids from low-income households, etc.

In Japan, there is a food bar called "CalorieMate" used by the elderly and business people to get a lot of calories quickly on the go. But it's becoming less popular as the country shifts to a more Western diet and more people try to eat fewer calories rather than more.

Here, the elderly usually drink Ensure or Boost. Both deliver vitamins and nutrients in a relatively calorie-dense few ounces. I think Ensure is 8 oz and 250 kcal with all the essential nutrients.

In case you're really desperate.