So, what do you want for christmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jesus, I get you're an atheist. Calm down, you're not the only one.
For Christ's sake, it's literally the only things I wanted and I didn't get either. Instead I got a year long devotional book. God darn it.

Members don't see this ad.

For Christ's sake, it's literally the only things I wanted and I didn't get either. Instead I got a year long devotional book. God darn it.
I got one of those once. I came to the conclusion my parents are delusional, and I just nod and smile when they talk about Jesus.

Reactions: 1 user
I got one of those once. I came to the conclusion my parents are delusional, and I just nod and smile when they talk about Jesus.

One of my best friends is a gay man.

His mother got him a blazer, a gift card to a restaurant, and a Bible- so that "he can find his Christian wife and find solace with prayer".

Not only has he come out of the closet, he's 19. Sorry, bud.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, it's endearing in a weird way. They believe in it without abandon, and they are seriously worried for my soul since I've stopped believing so I can't blame them. It makes me weary when they pester me about it, but in the end I know that it's because they love me. They will never change, so I'm just going to have to deal with it and buy my own atheist things, ha!

Reactions: 2 users
A med school acceptance...and for there not to be too many patients in the ED today...and Pokemon ORAS...and smash 4...and Bojangles...

I woke up this morning and got this craving for some fuzzy woolly socks.

One of my best friends is a gay man.

His mother got him a blazer, a gift card to a restaurant, and a Bible- so that "he can find his Christian wife and find solace with prayer".

Not only has he come out of the closet, he's 19. Sorry, bud.
That's so sad. Hopefully his family wakes up and loves him for the incredible person I'm sure he is.

That's so sad. Hopefully his family wakes up and loves him for the incredible person I'm sure he is.

It's tragic, honestly. I'm currently in the Bible Belt, so I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that some people here do that.

I told him to take his next date out on her money. :)

A med school acceptance...and for there not to be too many patients in the ED today...and Pokemon ORAS...and smash 4...and Bojangles...
Those are perfectly good things to wish for, especially acceptances and video games. ;) I dig your Mega Lucario icon.

I'm a practicing and believing Catholic, but I can relate to devout parents who push and prod you to an unbearable point. I find that I grow in spiritual life and seek answers best on my own, not when I'm forced against my will. I try to get this across to my parents, but they don't really get it haha.

I have Alpha Sapphire. :D

I like making monotype teams, too. I had a Fairy team in Y that was responsible for a good amount of rage quits.

I have Alpha Sapphire. :D

I like making monotype teams, too. I had a Fairy team in Y that was responsible for a good amount of rage quits.
That's what I'm getting my little sister for Xmas (she has a 3DS and I have the older DS). Unfortunately I don't have much time for Pokemon anymore. The latest game I've played is White. I'm perfectly content with old-school R/S/E on my Android emulator. :3 I like a balanced team myself, though leaning more towards Dark and Dragon types. Tyranitar, Dragonite, Nidoking, and Hydreigon are my babies. Oh and I like your Piplup icon, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I bought myself

And now, I am about to watch The Interview.

Reactions: 5 users
That's the worst...

My mom will ask if we want to go to church on occasion but she's not pushy about it at all. After I turned like 13 my parents basically told me your smart enough to think for yourself, if you want to come with us to church that's fine, if you want to go to a different faith that's fine, if you just want to sleep in on Sundays that's fine. I'm planning on taking a similar approach with any future mini TPs

A girlfriend and a watch

No but seriously, a girlfriend ;_;

Fellas, when my parents ask me who I'm dating (or if I'm ever getting married), I just say, "I already have a love- medicine." At which point my parents smack me across the back of my head and mutter in a foreign dialect about how I'm not gonna give them any grand children lmao

Fellas, when my parents ask me who I'm dating (or if I'm ever getting married), I just say, "I already have a love- medicine." At which point my parents smack me across the back of my head and mutter in a foreign dialect about how I'm not gonna give them any grand children lmao
That was awkward to read. I think it is a little too soon to say you love medicine considering you are not a physician.. Just remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Is your name really Dr Stalker?! o_O

A $10k balance Starbucks gift card!

Reactions: 3 users
You seem like a chill chica based on your posts.

I think a SDN get together would be really cool. :D

I believe I actually happened a few years back at a certain brewing company (it was advertised on SDN somehow and I went) before a SDN leadership meeting of some sort. I believe @Winged Scapula was in attendance, but I don't remember who was actually there because it was a while back. All I remember is that a couple of the mods were there.

Anywhoo, wouldn't mind for that to happen again but in a few different places as I have moved on from that particular college town. Would be a great holiday present. But otherwise, I would say the SurfacePro 3-it is beautiful and I wish it were cheaper. Usually, I don't drool over technology, but it just seems so practical for both on the go and as a primary laptop

Merry Christmas everyone. A little late to post, BUT I got some apparel from my UG alma mater from family and friends. A picture frame of a very important game that happened this year in sports that I went to, and a memorabilia from that day (other than the picture frame) to commemorate our win.

My girlfriend thought it'd be cute to get me some apparel from our rival college that she attended. Returning it tomorrow to get more alma mater apparel :)

That was awkward to read. I think it is a little too soon to say you love medicine considering you are not a physician.. Just remember, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
*sarcasm was intended. Its hard to convey through an online forum :p

awkward, but my last name is actually stalker, so (assuming I get into med school and graduate), I'll actually be Dr. Stalker >.>

You probably shouldn't become an OB/GYN, just saying. xD

An Acceptance!-sorry that was lame..just though maybe we would revisit this thread!!

Reactions: 1 users
@whatsupdr I was about to revive this thread myself!

RULES: Don't be a lame-o and just say a med school acceptance, or anything school affiliated (i.e. a 4.0, a research fellowship, etc!).

Let's see...I'm hoping for an xbox 1 ^_^

@whatsupdr I was about to revive this thread myself!

RULES: Don't be a lame-o and just say a med school acceptance, or anything school affiliated (i.e. a 4.0, a research fellowship, etc!).

Let's see...I'm hoping for an xbox 1 ^_^

A hot, feisty and smart girl who talks like a philosopher...

... bartender, pour in another drink for me please :dead::hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
Debts paid

All I want is for Force Awakens to actually be good (please dear God please I need this)

Reactions: 9 users
A few bars of my favorite 85% dark chocolate. :love:

To move from this location and hopefully get to buy that house in Blythe! (14 miles from school but so worth it!)

An acceptance. Once I have that peace of mind, I can do literally anything else I want.

more interview invites. an acceptance would be nice too

a mechanical keyboard would also be appreciated

New insulin pump...mine's clip keeps breaking off, lolz. Or one of those nice massage pads with heat :D

What do I want?

@familyaerospace to have a great 2016, good Lord, it's deserved
@Affiche to celebrate ALL her acceptances :D
@Eccesignum to get the one acceptance I've been waiting to hear about :D
@BluMist to be recognized that HE is a GUY :D

and for me? a safe drive home to see my dad with two great danes in tow (1600 miles, one way)... and for ... snow. Really. I miss snow. I miss fluffy, falling white stuff that one can ski on.

Reactions: 7 users
I am asking for crock pot and kitchen gear.

Went to grandma's house for T-giving, and got a totally awesome hand made quilt, her old blender and mixer. She is Catholic, but I am 1/2 Asian and secular, so no Xmas for me. I think she feels sorry that we don't celebrate Christmas. Ready to move for medical school.

I would like a laptop, I have some tough science courses coming up for the spring semester.

A better job, to pay off my car, patch things up with a friend with they come home for Christmas, and for my Grandpa's health to improve. Oh and a Starbucks gift card, can never go wrong with coffee in winter.