So, what do you want for christmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My only request so far has been black socks. I better get some black socks...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I asked my parents for a vacuum cleaner for Christmas... that's how I know I am becoming a full adult...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Munty gas was on sale at a new gas station near my home for $1.99/gallon...you're an adult when seeing THAT gets you excited haha.

I'm torn between a Moog Sub 37 or a Boss Chorus Ensemble, but I'll be content with just not having to go to work for a day.

same school acceptance with bae
0240.png

Get off the waitlist at a school so I won't have to study for the MCAT over the Christmas break. This is literally the only thing in the world I want right now.

Reactions: 1 user
A new phone. And a pony.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Bears already beat the Packers on Thanksgiving, so Christmas came early. What more could I want?

I'd be thrilled with some tamales (not the Mexican kind) and Old English.

Wow, that is cheap.

A pair of snow boots before the 3 feet of snow and -20F wind chill would be nice.
It's going to be about 80 degrees here in Jawjuh tomorrow. We hates it, Precious.

Me : "GF, what am I wearing?"
GF : "Shorts and a tshirt."
Me : "What is the date?"
GF : "November 29th."
Me : " There's something wrong, here."

The Bears already beat the Packers on Thanksgiving, so Christmas came early. What more could I want?
Ugh god there's one I'd like to forget as a Packers fan. Lions fans are probably set for the next 5 Christmases.

Edit: At this point I'd like to forget the whole season actually.

Really want a fishing kayak but I doubt that will happen. Maybe the Star Wars battlefront video game. Anybody played it and care to share their opinion of it?
i heard its kind of shallow gameplay. wouldnt pay 60 bucks for it

Get off the waitlist at a school so I won't have to study for the MCAT over the Christmas break. This is literally the only thing in the world I want right now.
same, really dont want to study for not only another mcat but the new one....:(

A girlfriend who isn't psycho.

...No, seriously.
A year later and I still don't have a sane girlfriend haha. I've met a lot of nice, sane girls this past year though, just haven't felt like dating.
I don't remember writing that post but I definitely remember the girl. She's one of those where you look back like "what the **** was I doing?"

The ability to both apply to med schools and make rent.

Last edited:
The new phone or the pony?
The new phone! Oh. My. God. I had one for like 3 weeks and I couldn't handle it. Cords everywhere. I even found one under the couch! It would just buzz all the time, keeping me up. Young couples are always like, "Let's get a new phone and practice being parents!!" NOPE. Not worth the headache.

A snuggie, crocs, someone flirtatious and sassy within the snuggie, socks for my crocs, and straight crystal meth. Goodness, I'd just die and go to heaven.

As an Orthodox Jew neither do I. I answered what I wanted for Hanukkah basically. I don't ask for much, just a safer living environment.
I agree with this one. This year was gnarly.

A snuggie, crocs, someone flirtatious and sassy within the snuggie, socks for my crocs, and straight crystal meth. Goodness, I'd just die and go to heaven.

"yup, sure, aw, true, wait..."

I got a nice blender which I am happy about because mine sucks and I am trying to get into the smoothie kick. I also like clothes, money, purses & if I get accepted before Christmas some stuff for an apartment would be nice for decorating and stuff

Well ideally I'd want a II from one of the schools I submitted an update to recently haha sorry for the pre med talk. But actually, I'd love FIFA 2016 and a nice formal trenchcoat/ a leather jacket!

@AlteredScale pictures or it didn't happen :p!

New phone...I second that @Cotterpin...My clunky old phone barely can handle text messaging...think its time for an upgrade!

@Doctor Dream I hear ya. I was dating a psycho-chick over the summer...ended badly in early October...I'm sitting here reflecting about that whole situation thinking "what the f*ck were you thinking dr. stalker?! HER?! She craY!"

The new phone! Oh. My. God. I had one for like 3 weeks and I couldn't handle it. Cords everywhere. I even found one under the couch! It would just buzz all the time, keeping me up. Young couples are always like, "Let's get a new phone and practice being parents!!" NOPE. Not worth the headache.

I for one shun electronic leashes

I bought a Coach bag this weekend and my sister volunteered to pay for it which was the sweetest thing ever. Besides that, some cash would be nice.

Really want a fishing kayak but I doubt that will happen. Maybe the Star Wars battlefront video game. Anybody played it and care to share their opinion of it?
It's okay judging from the walkthrough... but I don't think it's worth the 60 bucks. It's very repetitive. Besides, ome of the "unique" gameplay don't make sense... like you can throw your lightsaber and have it regen back in your hand. Infinite light sabers.... yeah no.

I recommend the fishing kayak.

Last edited:
It's okay judging from the walkthrough... but I don't think it's worth the 60 bucks. It's very repetitive. Besides, ome of the "unique" gameplay don't make sense... like you can throw your lightsaber and have it regen back in your hand. Infinite light sabers.... yeah no.

I recommend the fishing kayak.

If you look closely, I think Vader force pulls it back into his hand

I am getting a book I need for a class and the solutions manual, just wanted to read ahead so I am not a jitter-ball at the start of next semester,, but mostly we are financially restricted this year.
Still though, this is by far one of the best years ever.

All we need is health :cat:

If I loose some of this extra weight that would be nice too lol.

We don't celebrate Christmas, but my birthday is December 21st. I don't really want anything to be honest. I used to want video games but now I just pirate them.

I wouldnt mind this bumper sticker for my volvo

QfyhPTn.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
An acceptance!

On a less dweebie/neurotic angle, I've been sorely tempted today to buy a treadmill due to Cyber Monday... but no $$, and also it's one of those items that are too costly to ask anyone to buy you as well.

Reiterating the "don't be a lame-o" rule :)
RULES: Don't be a lame-o and just say a med school acceptance, or anything school affiliated (i.e. a 4.0, a research fellowship, etc!).

pro tip: buy treadmills or any exercise equipments off of craigslist, ideally around late January if you really want a deal. It's (almost) never worth it to buy the brand-new latest and greatest treadmill that you (and many others) will be using mostly as a drying rack :p
On a less dweebie/neurotic angle, I've been sorely tempted today to buy a treadmill due to Cyber Monday... but no $$, and also it's one of those items that are too costly to ask anyone to buy you as well.

Last edited:
Reiterating the "don't be a lame-o" rule :)

pro tip: buy treadmills or any exercise equipments off of craigslist, ideally around late January if you really want a deal. It's (almost) never worth it to buy the brand-new latest and greatest treadmill that you (and many others) will be using mostly as a drying rack :p

Why late Jan? I actually pretty much just want one to walk on while I'm watching TV or doing something useless so that at least SOMETHING is getting done...

I am getting a book I need for a class and the solutions manual.

Any type of class I might be interested in??? ;)

@Ad2b: send all the snow my way

You can't have my snow. Nope. I'm keeping it!!! Can't wait :) Tongue out, eyes shut... just hope it isn't yellow. I've heard yellow snow is bad. (I like the Viking horns!!)

yellowsnow.jpg

Any type of class I might be interested in??? ;)

Haha yeah the upper-level physiology. Kinda worried about it o__o

The medical chemistry book is online so pre-reading can commence at anytime (Yes got a seat in this one !! Xmas present enough)