So what now? [MS3]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vomeronasal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently a third year who wants to do ENT. First and second year I did various ENT related activities, met with the program director a few times, blah blah blah. I've gotten authorship on a couple ENT papers and should have some first author publications in general surgery and ENT within the next few months. I got a 263 on Step 1 and I honored medicine and surgery in my clerkships so far.

At this point, my question is... what am I supposed to do between now and 4th year? Unfortunately my school doesn't let us do electives our third year, so I won't be able to do an ENT rotation until 4th year. Should I skip a day here or there in my other rotations so I can scrub in on some surgeries? Meet with the PD again? Or just chill out and focus on clerkships?

Sorry if this sounds neurotic. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Chill out and focus on clerkships. You need to become a good doctor before you become a good ENT. You'll use psych more than you might wish

Reactions: 2 users
Chill out and focus on clerkships. You need to become a good doctor before you become a good ENT. You'll use psych more than you might wish
:) That's an excellent point. I'll put my neuroticism on the backburner for now and enjoy the rest of the year as much as I can.

Hmmm...if I had a ha'penny for every crazy dizzy patient I saw who thinks she has some sort of inner ear disease, I'd have retired right out of fellowship!

Reactions: 1 user