SOAP 2014 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which field are you trying to SOAP into?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was trying to re-apply to the same programs for cycle 2 but apparently there is no need.. Can anybody confirm this?
who knows....

Members don't see this ad.

"Can I re-apply to programs I already applied to during SOAP?

No. You can only apply to a program once during SOAP. If a program has downloaded your application during SOAP, the program will have your information on file for all future rounds. "

"Can I re-apply to programs I already applied to during SOAP?

No. You can only apply to a program once during SOAP. If a program has downloaded your application during SOAP, the program will have your information on file for all future rounds. "
thx!!

is round 3 after 5 pm? Also when is the list updated again? at 5 pm today?

offered a prelim sx in the state that I matched rads!

thank god this hellish process is over

good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 3 users
any body else other than me still unsure if they should check now or wait a few minutes:)

I was trying to re-apply to the same programs for cycle 2 but apparently there is no need.. Can anybody confirm this?
There is no need, the first 35 roll over so they already have your application. Good luck!!

no offers .... third times a charm ... maybe will have better luck tmr! ... praying after round 2 there will still be spots left!

is anyone applying to path??? ... figuring out if I should put the rest of my 10 apps toward something nobody is really trying for

I applied to 10 random positions where I saw they had the most unfilled spots. Its a long shot, but at this point I'm desperate.

I miraculously got an offer. not sure if I want to take it though.

Reactions: 1 users
matched

surg preliminary

Gotta go through this **** again next year.

Reactions: 1 users
couldn't even get my next batch of 10 apps in until 2:55 lol programs had their next list in the minute I got my apps in haha this is absurd.

prelimin sx. I'm not sure if I want to commit considering there are soo many prelim Sx positions available

no offer..
still the question: those who got offers, were you interviewed by those programs initially?

i applied to 5 programs, saving 5 for after new list at 5. Anyone else do the same?

i applied to 5 programs, saving 5 for after new list at 5. Anyone else do the same?
I did the same ..... takes awhile for programs to d/l our app.... So I figured they would be d/l during round 2 .... and can still contact us today and hopefully get something in round 3 ....... on the side I always applied to 6 research positions at university/pharm company incase I don't match....lol

did you guys write a new personal statement for prelim sx

So I had a phone interview yesterday morning and there was no offer, and the position is still available. Why would they call and not rank me if for second round if there spot is still open??? Am I that unwanted??? =(

I know, but its much harder to get into as a re-applicant. And it's real discouraging considering I already went on 15 peds interviews and none of them wanted me.
Also, If you are not committed to the specialty you are selected for it is kinda an A** hole maneuver to take that spot from another person who so desperately ONLY wants that spot.

starting to try and figure out what i will be doing this year... god what a pain, i was focused on matching/soap-ing then moving then working....

I have pretty much thrown in the towel at this point and trying to figure out what I am going to do next year. What is everyone planning? Has anyone else called a DO program?

16 interviews, no match. had 7 phone interviews: 0 offers :( this is great for my self confidence.

I did the same ..... takes awhile for programs to d/l our app.... So I figured they would be d/l during round 2 .... and can still contact us today and hopefully get something in round 3 ....... on the side I always applied to 6 research positions at university/pharm company incase I don't match....lol

no one has dlded my application for any of the 5 I had submitted. Any change on your end? i'm guessing they dont care till after round 2 over

Matched, anesthesia. 1 phone call interview and 1 offer in 2nd round. The nrmp send you a email if you have a offer or not.
Good luck everybody.

did you guys write a new personal statement for prelim sx

I use my personal statement and LOR for other specialty.

Reactions: 1 user
If we didn't get an offer at 3 its over?? When is the 2nd round over??

i hate bringing this up while everyone is soo distraught. but, would be illegal if i contacted the program that offered me the spot if no contact was initially made?