SOAP 2014 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which field are you trying to SOAP into?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm waiting til 5 to see the new list before I blow any of my 10 slots.

Hi sella, can you PM me? I'm interested in your situation. I'm not entirely sure how to PM but can respond if you message me.

A friend just told me that his program has 1000 applicants for 1 spot in FM after the round 2 offers...... so crazy! .... and out of that 1000... it will go to an AMG because they filtered IMGs,DO,FMG .... very discouraging

Hi Guys,
Best of Luck for each and everyone of you!! i know it is a very stressful time. Hang in there.

Can someone please post the list of programs that are SOAPing for internal medicine categorical positions. Dunno why this data isn't available publicly.

Please post the list!
Thanks

A friend just told me that his program has 1000 applicants for 1 spot in FM after the round 2 offers...... so crazy! .... and out of that 1000... it will go to an AMG because they filtered IMGs,DO,FMG .... very discouraging
Unbelievable!

Post whatever names of IM programs that u can remember.
Thanks really appreciate it

does anyone have their new 10 applications still yet undownloaded?
I applied after 5pm today and 6/10 applications are not retrieved yet as per ADTS

almost how many unfilled IM categorical positions are there in the northeast???

does anyone have their new 10 applications still yet undownloaded?
I applied after 5pm today and 6/10 applications are not retrieved yet as per ADTS
I stopped checking and moved on to making a list for DO programs for family medicine that I can call (stupid SOAP rules). I would have loved to do pediatrics but I have such a sour taste in my mouth from the match that I possibly couldn't go through this another year. I just want to practice medicine and would do anything to be involved within medicine. I hope you all the best!!! and it works out for you all!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I stopped checking and moved on to making a list for DO programs for family medicine that I can call (stupid SOAP rules). I would have loved to do pediatrics but I have such a sour taste in my mouth from the match that I possibly couldn't go through this another year. I just want to practice medicine and would do anything to be involved within medicine. I hope you all the best!!! and it works out for you all!!!
best of luck to you.. to us all!!

radiosilence over at the chudat household.....

on a sidenote, i will be having a glass of draino with my steak tonight
enjoy it to the max! I am still considering my options for a wild party tonight too:))

so question, when can we oficially start contacting DO/Osteopathic residencies. I cant find the guidlines.

thanks. but where does it say this. I cant find any information on it at all,
other than word of mouth.
Also, how would this affect us at this point if we are not going to get an offer anyways.

I received another call, which would make it 8. It was family medicine and I am sure a MD would snatch that last spot. Also I much rather do an osteopathic Family residency at this point.

hey! thanks for the help, but I understand thats when SOAP ends but I have not read anything stating that we are not allowed to contact DO programs until SOAP is over. Thants what im looking for. Any ideas?
I see what you're saying. We got an email from school saying as much, but this language in the match agreement may be where it originated from:

7.1 Participation: Applicants

"Through 5:00 p.m. eastern time on Thursday of Match Week, eligible unmatched and partially matched applicants shall apply only to unfilled Match-participating programs that are participating in SOAP and only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (“ERAS”). If a SOAP-eligible applicant contacts or sends applications to programs for which the applicant is ineligible, including Match-participating programs not participating in SOAP, or uses any method other than ERAS to initiate contact with or apply to SOAP-participating programs, the applicant shall be in violation of this Agreement."

off topic ques, if a person applied to prelim position which was for medicine/neurology but did not match to neurology can he/she get that prelim position regardless (I know if we matched neuro then we def need prelim to completely match, but does it work the other way around). Does anyone know?

Last edited:
they do release this info later on
http://b83c73bcf0e7ca356c80-e8560f4...t/uploads/2013/08/programresults2009-2013.pdf
how is it against the rules?
i've seen people share this info before
The SOAP information is only available to those who have registered with NRMP. Releasing it on a public forum will make the information available to those who have not registered which is not fair to those who've followed the rules and may put SDN in a legal predicament. The NRMP will release the information after SOAP is over.

Why do program directors have to lie? I can see the benefit of lying to applicants in the general match, but what's the benefit of telling SOAP applicants that they are getting a spot if they're not?

Because we're the meat in the sausage. They just want to fill spots.

I'm aggravated that I had a 40 minute phone interview that didn't yield an offer after the PD said I was so great and would love it there.

thats like adding insult to injury now:) 6 programs have not even bothered to download the application!!

Accepted 1st round offer in IM-prelim from a small midwestern academic program this AM. Not my top choice obviously. Strange 0/5 program that contacted me made any offer.

My Stats: Step 1/2 both in 250s, 3H's/3HP's in clinical year, 2 researches, excellent LOR's, matched to radiology but not IM-prelim - applied to 14, got 7 interviews,.

anyone else up for scramble this morning?

Bam, nothing. Well, back to writing that cover letter.

0 offers -_- when do they update the unfilled programs list?

no offers .... going back to sleep now....its 6am here in the west coast....be back in 3 hours ...lol ....i can atleast dream of an offer

Does any one know if the list is going to update after each offer round today or one final update @ 5pm? Also, when are we allowed to contact programs for unfilled positions?

Does any one know if the list is going to update after each offer round today or one final update @ 5pm? Also, when are we allowed to contact programs for unfilled positions?

either way doesnt matter, ur not gonna make any roe apps anyways, and cant call programs till after 5

either way doesnt matter, ur not gonna make any roe apps anyways, and cant call programs till after 5
Thank you. Yeah I know, but, was hoping to see if the programs I have applied to have filled all their spots as we progress through these rounds. So I can see if i have a chance to be a draft pick.

5pm Eastern Time, so thats 2pm on the West Coast.

Does anyone have any tips on programs that are outside the match... not participating in the NRMP system... foreign, local or otherwise??? I am an MD so DO programs are out for me.