SOAP interviews/offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otis86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody been contacted by unfilled programs in the SOAP yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they're supposed to start sending out offers on tuesday right? because from what i know of soap, the sequence of events goes: receive applications -> filter -> create preference list -> interview -> send offer

please correct me if im wrong!

Members don't see this ad :)
One phone interview here. Didn't go well.

already? Nice! what'd they ask?

already? Nice! what'd they ask?

What was wrong with me, why I didn't match. Also why I wanted to go to their program. But their program is pretty new and I wasn't able to find out much info about it online. I didn't really know what to say to either of those questions.

yikes. how can they possibly expect us to know about their program. If someone were to call me right now and say they were calling from xyz program, I wouldnt even be sure I applied there.

What was wrong with me, why I didn't match. Also why I wanted to go to their program. But their program is pretty new and I wasn't able to find out much info about it online. I didn't really know what to say to either of those questions.
Don’t worry anyone else they will phone interview will not know any more than you did about them. As far as “why do you want to come here”; that is a strange question. Obviously, you didn’t want to go there or you would have applied there. I can see why you had trouble answering those questions, and it seems clear that they are a new program.

Reactions: 2 users
Do programs look down on applicants for submitting their application late? I forgot to hit the apply button on eras until an hour ago. I'm assuming most applicant send their application the moment eras open.

programs are going at a fast pace, but for an IMG I think it is hopeless though

I was pre-SOAP, but did end up doing well for myself in the scramble after getting the bad news a few years back. Just wanted to wish everyone luck tomorrow.