Technology SOAP/Progress Notes on the iPad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeekDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have come across an application that lets you efficiently complete a daily progress note. It doesnt necessarily have to have to be integrated into the EHR of your institution, but something that would let you create a note, print it and stick it in a chart somehow.

I find that the further in my medical career i get, the less time Im spending with patients and the more time Im spending in a backroom somewhere charting. Ideally I'd like to have the ipad with me as I make my AM rounds.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I guess this is wishful thinking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word processor...?

I was hoping for a more elegant solution. Maybe one where I can open a template with reviews of systems that I can check if positive/negative, a preloaded drawing of a person to identify muscle strength, etc etc...

or can I do this via word professor?

You can use Adobe Acrobat to create a form that you can fill in, complete with checkboxes for ROS and PE. The advantage of "rolling your own" is that you can customize it to your preferences.

Even if your institution still uses paper charts at some point they will be moving to all electronic.

If they already have an EMR then you may be able to access it on something like an iPad and could use that for your notes.