SOAP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgomedical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, with match week fast approaching, I wanted to be prepared for the worst case scenario.
Quick info about myself: I'm DO student, applied to psych & fm. Interviewed at 16 psych, 1 fm program, ranked all 17 places with the fm program in the 17th place. Got several "we ranked you highly" emails late January-February (whatever that means...)
I would like to pursue psych, and I was wondering if there are typically any psych places open during SOAP.
Also, if I don't even get SOAP position, what options do I have as a DO student?
I would greatly appreciate any feedback! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

relax you're going to match. I'm feeling the same way so I know what you're going through, but you will match. Don't waste your time with a question that you wont even need the answer to in the morning.

Reactions: 1 user
I am very anxious and stressed out. Maybe Bc I am a US IMG. Did around 20 interviews between 2 specialties. Felt they went fairly well but am scared as I am an IMG? Hoping one of them will pick me

Nervous here also... US IMG and went on 11 interviews..