Social life in Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted664902

Hey everyone,

I'm currently taking a gap year until I begin pharmacy school (hopefully) next fall. I'm pretty much determined to pursue a career in pharmacy, but I'm a little worried about how feasible working out will be. I know it may sound like a trivial problem to be upset about, but I'm an avid weightlifter and have been working out ever since high school. It's something I'm really passionate about and it keeps me sane; believe it or not, whenever I can't get a workout in for two or three days straight, I experience a mild form of depression and anxiety (kind of like withdrawal symptoms. Although I like to socialize, I don't party because I rather allocate at least an hour or two to working out.

In short, I was wondering if those of you who are already in pharmacy school or have graduated had time to do whatever you wanted to do or if it's pretty much sleep, study and go to class (what my friends have told me). Is there any free time contrary to what others have told me? I know a lot of factors play a role in this and that sacrifices have to be made, but I feel like there is a way if one has proper time management and a firm grasp on his/her material in school. I just can't imagine having to sacrifice something that's a part of my lifestyle for school, even though grades are a higher priority.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

If you make it a priority, you will have time.

Reactions: 3 users
You'll have time for 1-2 a night or every other night to hit the gym. Just schedule your study time around it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you will have time. I had plenty of time for activities in pharmacy school and i still worked and got As/Bs (mostly Bs) You just need to manage tiem wisely

Reactions: 1 user
if you make it a priority, you will have time. If you don't bs around for alot of your day then pharmacy school isn't that bad

I was the exact same way.. And with discipline I had no issues. Even made it to the gym after an all nighter on exam days. As a pharmacist now... Can't say I have the same discipline after pulling a 12 hr shift on my 11th consecutive day

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk