Sociology research compatible with top research heavy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

ratman7

Does the area of research matter for the research heavy schools? I have an offer from a sociology lab I was interested in, but will only accept it if it will be acceptable for a research heavy school)s) that I am interested in.

Did any of you get into any research heavy (that are top 20) schools with research in a lab other than the typical wet work/clincal lab?
In this sociology lab i will most likely be presenting some posters at my school and maybe even 2nd author a paper. I had an idea for a project during my interview and the PI said if I'm accepted, I would be able to pursue the idea. Will any of this be relevant for a top research MD if it's not a wet or clinical lab?

Members don't see this ad.

Does the area of research matter for the research heavy schools? I have an offer from a sociology lab I was interested in, but will only accept it if it will be acceptable for a research heavy school)s) that I am interested in.

Did any of you get into any research heavy (that are top 20) schools with research in a lab other than the typical wet work/clincal lab?
In this sociology lab i will most likely be presenting some posters at my school and maybe even 2nd author a paper. I had an idea for a project during my interview and the PI said if I'm accepted, I would be able to pursue the idea. Will any of this be relevant for a top research MD if it's not a wet or clinical lab?
yes

Reactions: 1 user
I was very involved in language learning research and have gotten interviews at several research heavy schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you'll be fine. Does the sociology have any medical applications? Even if not that's fine. Showing ability to publish or present academic work will serve you well and is appreciated across disciplines.

Reactions: 1 user
Any research is better than no research.

I know people at top schools that got doctorates in non-medical fields. For medical school admissions, you will be fine