Some advice; what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtoforum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I took my oat today and my scores were:
BIO-350
CHEM-370
ORGO-350
PHYS-340
RC-380
QR-330

TS: 360, AA: 350

1) I am from Canada, so obviously Waterloo is my top priority seeing as I want to be close to home.
2) my current GPA is around 3.45; my grades werent that good first year, and first term of second year , but since then Ive been improving, getting mostly in the mid to high 80s.
3) I shadowed an optom 2 summers ago, and last summer I worked at an eye clinic; this summer I plan on going back to shadow a bit more just to learn more
4) I would consider myself rather involved in extra-circulars, not LOADED, but not lacklustre either.

I plan on applying to Waterloo, and the schools in the east/midwest, like SUNY, NECO, Indiana, Illinois, Penn, and I was wondering what my chances were at getting an interview. Waterloo is my preference of all.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get an interview at Waterloo. What's your average, in percentage? Waterloo goes off of that rather than GPA. Your OAT is a bit below average, but it's still good. My guess would be, if you have a really good interview, you would likely get into Waterloo, if your average is decently high. It's tough to know though. If your average is in the neighbourhood of 85%, you should be fine. If it's much lower than that, I'd probably work on it. Just my speculation though!