Some people out there really hate SDN...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@J Senpai @Mad Jack The social interface model is more oriented towards being a feed aggregator than a social software platform. The design fits the function imo.
Even finding feeds that are interesting is a pain in the ass unless you've carefully cultivated a very well sourced group of subreddits. It's garbage.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we all just take a quick second to reflect on how pathetic the huffington post has become? First the bogus suicide data/article and now this...

Edit: Nvm I missed page 2

Reactions: 2 users
I only went on the premed reddit website a couple times, and that was that. It is the same 4 or 5 users giving advice on everything. Plus I have seen people downvote people just for disagreeing with them. I laugh at this because it clearly states downvoting is ONLY for off topic responses. Plus they all have one opinion and try to convince one another that anybody who has a different opinion are idiots. I think the medicalschool subreddit is much much more useful (although it also has some flaws).

SDN is a much better premed resource. like by leaps and bounds. however, there are also people on here that are those annoying gunners in class, but in virtual form. I can pick those people out by two or three posts, max.

also a flaw in SDN is that people kiss ass to the adcoms on here. I understand that one should always respect all others regardless, but people swear they are like Jesus' second nephew once removed.

edit: removed named of specific AdCom because I don't want his/her fans to spam my notifications

Members don't see this ad :)
"LA native, Angela Mujukian is a Medical Student at St. George’s University, Elite Daily Campus Ambassador, and Huffington Post Contributor. When she’s not being a Wizard on the wards, or doing research at Cedars-Sinai, she is co-authoring the best-selling book series and movement, 20 Beautiful Women: Volume 3 Edition. Graduate of UCLA, earning a B.A in English, trained by the LA Times as a News Reporter/Viewpoint Columnist for Daily Bruin. Tackling her dreams one patient or blog post at a time to make the world a better place. Angela’s gift of tenacity, strong-will, and refuse-to-lose attitude distinguishes her as an unstoppable force."

OMG! :smack: The author of that painful-to-read and logically challenged piece is a LA native with a BA in English from UCLA ?! And this was Huffington Post and not The Onion. Good grief!

Yeah it's an insult to literature to call herself a writer

Reactions: 3 users
The pre med sub is meh... I only go on some TV show sub-reddits. Since no one I know in real life seems to watch anything except dancing with the stars. And because tumblr is the worst.
I tried to follow along on some reddit AMA's, if someone I like is doing one, and I don't really like the format.

Yeah it's an insult to literature to call herself a writer

I thought so too @Psai and even then it was bad. But for an LA native who graduated from a UC with an English degree? Truly horrific. Even my text messages have better grammar and syntax.

Reactions: 2 users
Can we all just take a quick second to reflect on how pathetic the huffington post has become?
The articles were great at the beginning, until Huffington started to allow contributions that lacked the necessary credentials. Then, the site sort of became a blog, and the pieces made by Arianna just wrecked it completely. What bothers me the most, is that authors such as Angela Mujukian garner so many followers in a matter of hours, because the mob always celebrates whatever ignorance is the most convenient.

It's really too bad, Reddit used to be a great place for science/tech stuff, but it got taken over by 4chan type kids and now it's pretty much a festering pile of poop. Just look at /r/the_donald.
Lol let's not pretend /r/politics is any better.

Lol let's not pretend /r/politics is any better.
/r/politics is a toxic wasteland. At least the_donald is a somewhat selfaware circlejerk. /r/politics is full of people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality have no clue. Its Dunning-Kruger is full effect there.

Reactions: 1 users
/r/politics is a toxic wasteland. At least the_donald is a somewhat selfaware circlejerk. /r/politics is full of people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality have no clue. Its Dunning-Kruger is full effect there.
Try /pol/ if you're really intent on giving yourself cancer. 4chan is still way, way worse than anything on reddit.

I know this thread didn't really have a hugely relevant topic in the first place, but can we at least move back in the direction of things related even tangentially to SDN?

:D

thanks guys

I know this thread didn't really have a hugely relevant topic in the first place, but can we at least move back in the direction of things related even tangentially to SDN?

thanks guys
Or you could just move it to the lounge and watch everything burn.

muahaha

thanks guys

Or you could just move it to the lounge and watch everything burn.

muahaha

Inb4 the move!

Uptown_JW_Bruh.jpg

There are a few subreddits that are really interesting and/or entertaining and/or foster great discussion, but I'm not exactly shocked to hear that /r/premed ISN'T one of them.