Someone Top The Navy Seal Story!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to top Military's story of the studly Navy Seal he induced, and a minute after the propofol and muscle relaxant, Navy Seal dude reaches up with his hand, grabs the laryngyscope, and throws it across the room!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :laugh: :laugh:

CAN ANYONE TOP THIS INCONTINENCE INDUCING EXPERIENCE?????

i can't get the visual out of my head...!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

no, can't top it. but i had a 15 y.o. kid tell me in the pacu yesterday that he thought he was being captured by the germans... again. :confused: he was a little strange. about 6'2" 220lbs and strong as an ox. practically had to climb on top of him as he was waking up because he was trying to jump off the table. he was having a nasal septal repair with splints and when i pulled the oral rae the first thing he did with that big lung full of air was try to blow his nose. fortunately i had a face shield on or i would have gotten his blood all over my face.

jetproppilot said:
I'm still waiting for someone to top Military's story of the studly Navy Seal he induced, and a minute after the propofol and muscle relaxant, Navy Seal dude reaches up with his hand, grabs the laryngyscope, and throws it across the room!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :laugh: :laugh:

This is NOT meant as a put-down at all, but if you want to see a very high percentage rate of syncope associated with IV starts, come with me next time I do some reserve military duty.

In 2003 I was at the base hospital at Camp Pendleton, CA, home of the First Marine Division (a pretty rugged outfit). I'd say 90% of my cases were healthy active-duty Marines undergoing various ortho procedures. These super-fit and understandably macho guys have a high rate of syncope (anecdotally compared to the general population) when the IV needle starts to come their way. And these guys just love to swallow their tongues, spasm, seize, etc.

The two Navy SEAL-candidates from Coronado whom I induced at San Diego Naval Medical Center in 2001 both passed out in holding with their IV start. Lots of fun ensued.

Members don't see this ad :)
jetproppilot said:

I thought the funny part was that I acted all experienced and knowledgeable in front of a MSIII prior to all this happening :( ....nothing like a little humble pie when you get too big for your britches.

Use to work in a city in Texas that trained macho Navy pilots... Routinely put in 18G IVs in them with no local infiltration to see what they were made of. A third of them had syncopal episodes... Bunch of candy asses if you ask me. Give me that true Navajo American Indian --- now there's a stoic individual if there ever was one. Rarely whined about pain and never flinched... ---Zippy