Sonography/Nursing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bfwdesigns24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm 40 years old looking to change careers and was interested in either the Sonography program at Valencia Community College or Nursing.

I already completed my A A degree and took all the medical classes as I was going to go into Nursing, but didn't apply because I was under the impression you couldn't work while in the program. I recently had a friend graduate in the Nursing program that said a lot of people do work.

I have to work full time (37.5 hours) or close to that and my hours are during the day. I may be able to reconfigure my schedule to accommodate some classes, but my question is can you do the nursing or Sonography program and work during the day? Or are the classes basically in the day? How hard is it to get into the Sonography program at Valencia? Do you go to class everyday?

I really feel limited because of my work schedule, but I don't want to take on more than I can chew.

Members don't see this ad.

Either this is a bizarre coincidence or a very creative trolling. Or you should read this.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is....bizarre. I did an awful lot of pelvic exams (including TV US) as a trainee, but never on a classmate, and certainly didn't have one done by a classmate on me!

Hello,

I'm 40 years old looking to change careers and was interested in either the Sonography program at Valencia Community College or Nursing.

I already completed my A A degree and took all the medical classes as I was going to go into Nursing, but didn't apply because I was under the impression you couldn't work while in the program. I recently had a friend graduate in the Nursing program that said a lot of people do work.

I have to work full time (37.5 hours) or close to that and my hours are during the day. I may be able to reconfigure my schedule to accommodate some classes, but my question is can you do the nursing or Sonography program and work during the day? Or are the classes basically in the day? How hard is it to get into the Sonography program at Valencia? Do you go to class everyday?

I really feel limited because of my work schedule, but I don't want to take on more than I can chew.
A lot of people work, but not during the day. Why are you posting in a premed forum? Seems like allnurses would be more appropriate