SOPHAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Since SOPHAS sometimes calculates a different GPA from the one on transcript, does anyone know what factors could affect the calculation to be lower or higher? I'm from UC, so I'm at quarter system, and I know SOPHAS transfer it to semester credits, could that possibly make my GPA lower or higher? I'm a little worried because I've heard of people getting 0.2-0.4 lower/higher, and that could make a big difference if it happens to me.
Anyone had experience in this?

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it should change your GPA much. I'm not very familiar with the quarter system, but I would guess that when they transfer them over to semester credits, it would mean that each class is weighted less heavily. Depending on how your grades line up, I couldn't really tell you which way that is going to sway you (if at all) though. That's just my guess.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it should change your GPA much. I'm not very familiar with the quarter system, but I would guess that when they transfer them over to semester credits, it would mean that each class is weighted less heavily. Depending on how your grades line up, I couldn't really tell you which way that is going to sway you (if at all) though. That's just my guess.

Thanks for your input. I thought it wouldn't change much, if at all, until I saw some people say their GPA is changed by 0.3-0.4ish...and that is a lot! Then I started to kind of worry. But if each class is weighted less after transferring, then mine might go up a bit as I have a very bad GPA...Thanks again