MPH SOPHAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SheLovesOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm currently on the waistlist for 2 Occupational Therapy Programs, but if worst comes to case I've been considering a career in Public Health.
I graduated college with a BA in Psychology and double minor in health education/biology and currently work/volunteer at a local hospital so I have some knowledge&experience in regards to healthcare but fairly new to public health.

I've browse the SOPHAS application and notice some deadlines have passed but aren't expired.

Does that mean applications are still being accepted?
What prerequisites are typically required?
Any information you can provide would gladly be appreciated

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

sophas.JPG

Evening all,

I'm currently on the waistlist for 2 Occupational Therapy Programs, but if worst comes to case I've been considering a career in Public Health.
I graduated college with a BA in Psychology and double minor in health education/biology and currently work/volunteer at a local hospital so I have some knowledge&experience in regards to healthcare but fairly new to public health.

I've browse the SOPHAS application and notice some deadlines have passed but aren't expired.

Does that mean applications are still being accepted?
What prerequisites are typically required?
Any information you can provide would gladly be appreciated

Thanks!:)

The expired program deadlines do not allow you to designate them. Also some important dates to be aware-

8/1/15: Deadline to e-submit your application to SOPHAS for the 2014-2015 cycle.
8/5/15: All outstanding transcripts/evals./money orders/test scores/references are due by 5pm.
8/10/15: Final date to re-submit corrections to your app.
8/18/15: New app system will be used, 2015-2016 app cycle begins, all apps regardless of status will be terminated.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much @Vespasian
I really appreciate the feedback/help
Best of luck to you to all your future endeavors!!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a QUESTION!!:hello: So I applied to a couple MPH-Epi programs through SOPHAS and my recommenders wrote in their letters that I am applying to an MPH program, but what do I do if I want to apply to one MS-Epi program? DO you think I can do that? or should I not even bother since MPH is mentioned in my LoR?

HELP!!!!

I have a QUESTION!!:hello: So I applied to a couple MPH-Epi programs through SOPHAS and my recommenders wrote in their letters that I am applying to an MPH program, but what do I do if I want to apply to one MS-Epi program? DO you think I can do that? or should I not even bother since MPH is mentioned in my LoR?

HELP!!!!

Hello, yes you can definitely do that. Schools won't hold it against you for something like that and they know that LORs are sent to a number of schools. I say to apply because you never know and don't let a small detail hold you back