Sophomore, first year at a university.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wakaaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at a community college for my first year and will attend a university next semester (sophomore). Is 3 - 4 sciences too much? I'm thinking of just taking my sciences and taking electives during the summer. Also, it seems like 3 sciences would be impossible for me, especially since it'll be my first year at a university and I'm worried about how the transition will be. I took 2 science courses my first semester at my community college, got an A in Chem 2 (took chem 1 the summer right after highschool) and a B in bio 1.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently at a community college for my first year and will attend a university next semester (sophomore). Is 3 - 4 sciences too much? I'm thinking of just taking my sciences and taking electives during the summer. Also, it seems like 3 sciences would be impossible for me, especially since it'll be my first year at a university and I'm worried about how the transition will be. I took 2 science courses my first semester at my community college, got an A in Chem 2 (took chem 1 the summer right after highschool) and a B in bio 1.

Do what your comfortable with. It's better to take a low number of science classes and get good grades rather than to tackle 3-4 sciences and get below grades and stress out.

Talk to an advisor and see what she/he has to say.

Can you go more than 2 posts without talking about community college? Are you by any chance related to SN1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I was planning on doing that, but I was just wondering what others have taken.

Can you go more than 2 posts without talking about community college? Are you by any chance related to SN1?

No? I can talk however I want. If your so bothered, don't read my posts.

my best advice to you is do the major you really like and the easiest one too. no d-school cares what major you graduated with, as long as you took the science pre-reqs and did well on the DAT. Your ECs are also important, so think about shadowing, volunteering, sports, etc. get the best grades possible!