Sophomore Year Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnightDoc2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in my sophomore year and I feel that the pre-med advising that is available to me just isn't quality advice. I was wondering when I should start studying for my MCAT, if I should take an MCAT course, if my EC's are good so far, and what my schedule should be like in the next semester or so.

I have taken: Bio 1, Chem 1, Chem 2, Neurobio, and Physics I (to name the sciences)
I am currently enrolled in: Organic Chem, Immunology, and Genetics.
Next semester I am signed up for: Organic II, Physics II, and Physiology
During the summer I'm taking Microbiology

Currently, I am a director in pre-med AMSA, doing stem cell research in the field of neuroscience at the medical school, and volunteering at the children's hospital in Pediatric Oncology.

I was considering taking the MCAT course this upcoming summer while in Microbio.
Anyone have any advice on my academic schedule, MCAT schedule, or EC's?

Thank you so much :D:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't take the MCAT when you have a heavy course load. It was a bad idea when I took it and I bombed it. Also, stay away from parties and train stations when studying for the MCAT. Focus! and good luck!

This was an interesting thread to peruse through.

Sophomore year sucked. The excitement of freshman year wore off and you get into tough classes. First semester wasn't fun, but in reality I actually enjoyed my second semester. I loved my anatomy and physiology courses and organic chemistry. For some reason I absolutely hated chemistry I and II, but absolutely love organic chemistry, I'm not sure why

Don't take the MCAT when you have a heavy course load. It was a bad idea when I took it and I bombed it. Also, stay away from parties and train stations when studying for the MCAT. Focus! and good luck!

Clap.gif