Sorry For Asking But Freaking Out What Are My Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zloop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I realized you all probably despise these threads by now, but I am seriously freaking out and could use help. I am going to be applying to Ohio State for med school, among others, but this is really where I would like to go. I'll post my stats below please give an honest guess of whether or not I will be accepted.

GPA: 3.8
sciGPA:3.7
37 MCAT
100+ hours of hospital volunteering
A fair amount of research
Tutor in inner city schools
Volunteer hours at animal shelter
2 year member of my school's premed fraternity
Worked at a pet store and campus library
Outdoor Adventure Club member
Boxing Club Member
sigh... Disciplinary probation my first semester freshman year for marijuana

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you freaking out? Your numbers and ECs look strong. If you don't get in, it might be because of your letters or your interview. You have a chance at any school in the country. One marijuana conviction is not a big deal.

Why are you freaking out? Your numbers and ECs look strong. If you don't get in, it might be because of your letters or your interview. You have a chance at any school in the country. One marijuana conviction is not a big deal.
Yeah I should probably chill. I guess I heard that it was worse than it actually is

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone

I realized you all probably despise these threads by now, but I am seriously freaking out and could use help. I am going to be applying to Ohio State for med school, among others, but this is really where I would like to go. I'll post my stats below please give an honest guess of whether or not I will be accepted.

37 MCAT
Boxing Club Member

Thanks

Did you receive an IA for the marijuana incident?

I am going to be applying to Ohio State for med school, among others, but this is really where I would like to go. I'll post my stats below please give an honest guess of whether or not I will be accepted.

37 MCAT
Boxing Club Member

Thanks
Time frames are important to know. Could you add those in? Also, how productive has the research been in terms of posters, presentations, or publications? Also, you didn't mention physician shadowing; were you planning to get that in prior to applying? Any peer leadership?

Did you receive an IA for the marijuana incident?
I don't know what that is so probably not.
Time frames are important to know. Could you add those in? Also, how productive has the research been in terms of posters, presentations, or publications? Also, you didn't mention physician shadowing; were you planning to get that in prior to applying? Any peer leadership?
I'll try to get in some shadowing. No real peer leadership. The research was moderately productive with a few posters and presentations.

You're a rock star. Aim high. And work on the self-esteem.

Hey everyone

37 MCAT
Boxing Club Member